Freddy is Garbage Now, Thank You

Freddy was easy to learn, okey i agree but he was not op killer. I dont know why he deserved nerf like that. Maybe he needed little nerf but this is ridicilous.

Changes made him useless.

First clocks will not be useful. Because you still need to run end of map and that will not worth for 30 seconds. So when i play as survivor, i cant see reason to run and leave my gen.

Add-ons? Nerf useful add-ons and add useless one. Who thought Freddy need loud add-on? Seriously? Freddy's gameplay doesnt need that, so thank you give us useless add-on.

About snares. Snares are not storong like Hag & Trapper's traps. Hag can teleport traps. And bear traps make survivors stop. And they both using for area control. So Hag and Trapper using them before start chase. Because they will be useful after that. But Freddy cant do that. Snares can be useful only on chases. And in chases you will have 2 options now: Use snare and lose speed. Or dont use your power and be worst m1 killer. And ıf you use snare 99% survivor will leave this loop area and will go to next one. And when survivor will do that, survivor will get far than you because you will waste time with snare and will lose speed. So you will have clearly worst power ever.

Great Job seriously.

Comments

  • As a Freddy main I can assure you this update does jack ######### to Freddy. Snares are placed fast enough that the "slowdown" wont do anything, Wait to see what the new addons do before saying anything because honestly.. Playing Forever Freddy all the time got boring quick.

  • @Shenshen said:

    As someone who really likes to play Freddy, I honestly think these changes are okay. My inner Freddy main says there was no need to remove his regression addons (I think the maximum regression was what? 8-11%?) but on a survivor perspective it was really boring. No one likes to sit 100+ seconds on a gen only for Freddy to teleport and popping your gen. 5 snares instead of 8 is completely okay, you don't really prepare your snares before so most of the time you only need 2-4 snares. His looping power will mostly be untouched, 100% movementspeed sounds awful but this is really not that bad. BHVR nerfed Freddy as I expected but I understand that it will take a couple matches to get used to it. His "new" addons are pretty much crap and I don't think there was a reason to nerf his pallets, because most of the time no one really played those addons. I think Freddy is still one of the top tier killers.

    The point is... a Freddy with only slowdown is a thing, and a Freddy with slowdown add-ons, Thanatophobia, Dying Light and Sloppy Butcher is a different thing.

  • @GeneralV said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2103080#Comment_2103080

    I feel sorry for you, my friend, judging by your playstyle you would have loved Old Freddy. He wasn't the strongest among killers, but he was extremely fun to play as!

    I would do anything to play him again, and I was actually expecting this to be the previously announced change. And what did I get? An unnecessary and weird nerf. It feels bad.

    He was terrible. And nobody played him besides the love for the character himself.

    Lets be real honest here. Survivors call him braindead because he was really good. He was really good vs premades of 4 streaming their screens on discord. I also picked him when i was sick and tired of being tea bagged by survivors. i just picked freddy with the best perks/addons and old mori and have fun... and guess what... they stopped tea bagging when they saw a sweaty freddy. And i was ok with that.

    Majority of them ignored the clock. They didn't even tried to learn how to play against freddy.

    Screw if they call it OP, braindead, whatever. They don't even play killers in the first place. The don't have a clue how hard it is to chase a good survivor, top that with strategy, discord and screen sharing. Most of them complain about killers who are actually good against sweaty survivors. And we need those killers to have a chance. And he was one of those killers. Even otzdarva picked him vs sweaty premades with strategy. We need those killers. Not only nurse and spirit for love of god!!! He was competitive viable. That's why so much crying. Premade survivors are the op role here. They call freddy sweaty but all of them use try hard addons + items and perks. Go figure...

  • I don't think he's going to be garbage. I think what we're going to find is that a lot of the changes were not particularly well thought out by BHVR. What makes Freddy strong is his teleport. That's unchanged. His other powers are just ok. Freddy's snares only deliver hits on survivors that don't understand that predropping pallets is its counter. Otherwise, it only serves as a threat to never loop a Freddy. In this sense, the nerfs don't change the "braindead" (because apparently killers are required to have 3X as much skill to anti-loop apparently) way to counter loops. You go to the pallet if they don't predrop it, you place the snares on either side to get the guaranteed hit. It'll play the exact same way. Survivors will predrop, or abandon the tile. The thing that will hurt is the dream pallet nerf. Like..........why? Why'd you have to nerf the fun Freddy BHVR? I only played a couple of matches with Freddy, and that's clearly my prefered way to play him.

  • I dont think people realize that its not mainly his power/addons that makes him strong its mainly the perks like ruin, pop, sloppy, thana, tinkerer, and etc that makes him surpass his limits. I promise you I played freddy running ruin, tinker, pop, and save ( random perk choice) and I have been getting 4ks like crazy and I even faced the most sweatiest survivors and still roughly 4k'd. Some of them not able to get a single gen done, some got 1 or two, and usually the strongest team/swf gets about almost all gens done. If you dont believe me that perks is what makes him strong play a game without perks and then play another with the perk I just given ( ruin, tinker, pop, random perk choice). This nerf I dislike because its going to do quite some damage. Makes me wonder what if they combined the old freddy and new freddy together.

1 2 3 ›