I like being able to see on maps

When I’m looping, I want to be able to see what I’m doing not have my screen so dark its like I’m in deep wound just because of the map.

I know brighter maps have less of the “horror game ascetic” but they’re way more playable for me and I enjoy them more.

Comments

  • @gatsby said:

    When I’m looping, I want to be able to see what I’m doing not have my screen so dark its like I’m in deep wound just because of the map.

    I know brighter maps have less of the “horror game ascetic” but they’re way more playable for me and I enjoy them more.

    You have hdr? My monitors like that and it turns autohaven into darkness.

  • Agreed. The brighter the better. One of the reasons why Ormond is my favorite map rework so far and why Autohaven went from being my favorite realm to some of my most hated outdoor maps.

  • Exaclty, I hate maps that are extremely dark. Bright maps are so much more enjoyable to play on.

  • and when you get an actual deep wound screen, its basically like the killer just turned your monitor off.


    and even as killer, i would really appreciate being able to see whether that claudette is straight in front of me or not...

  • considering I can't even change the brightness on console... it would be nice if the maps were brighter right away

  • I feel like every map is bright, am I living in an alternate reality?

  • I like having a bright map for a bit of variety too