I Might've Found A Way To Stay Sane When Playing DBD.
Anyone that has played this game for more than a day knows how mentally draining it can be. You've got the bugs and people playing scummy ruining your experience. You've got dedicated servers to make survivor super tedious, especially in solos. You have the dreaded end game chat and hate messages from salty players. This game can really drag you down on any given day.
On to the primary topic: the other day I was searching through my PlayStation library to find any single player games I had. That's when I came across ABZU. For those who have never heard of it, ABZU is meditative adventure game, closely resembling that of 2012's Journey. In ABZU, You play as a diver and explore the deepest depths of the ocean. You get to swim with schools of fish, witness predation, save and befriend a shark, and even discover alien technology, all while taking in the gorgeous surroundings and listening to the sounds of different aquatic animals from out in the distance.
Many people, including streamers, do play other games in between DBD matches, but ABZU is certainly a no-brainer choice for anyone looking for a peaceful experience in between games.
Everyone has their own method of not losing their mind when playing DBD, but here's another you could add to your list. Please feel free to list your own methods of preserving your mental health.
ABZU costs $20 on Steam, $20 on Xbox and the Microsoft store ($10 for the next 4 days), $20 on Switch, and is free on PlayStation.
I feel like this goes all over the place and could probably be worded and organized better.
Comments
Almost posted this in lore...
I simply unconsciously keep in mind that it's just a game.
I understand that for some people "just a game" isn't enough, but for me it is.
Also i recommend Journey, breathtaking, especially if you get a buddy who sticks with you throughout the entire thing.
Some people just take it harder than others. I made this post for the sole purpose of them finding a way to cool off.
Journey was a great experience from start to finish. It's a shame a sequel was shot down.
I guess "play a different game" is one way to stay sane playing DBD ๐
Civ 5 is good too
You think this is a game...?
YOU THINK THIS A MOTHER #########' GAME?!
I HAVE YOU KNOW MY GOOD SIR,
THIS IS MY LIFE!
/s