What's the point of deep wounds?
Nobody dies from it in high rank and it takes 5 seconds to mend yourself. I hit someone as Legion and by the time I hit other survivor or the frenzy timer runs off the survivor already mended himself.
Why even have this mechanic? Replace it with broken or something.
Comments
Legion has a broken addon
It delays the survivors and is a way to easily injure and chain injures as legion
It’s so make you take longer to heal, you need to mend before you can heal. It also blocks adrenaline from going to full health.
And they can’t balance they game just for what happens at high ranks.
Deep Wounds was around long before legion. It just wasn't called deep wounds. The effect has been around since Bill was added and his perk Borrowed Time. Like others have said. It's not meant to get kills. It's meant to take longer to heal themselves. The more time they're healing the less time they are repairing gens.
it's a time delay mechanic. In a game where every moment a survivor is not doing gens, I find it quite useful.
Broken doesn't prevent gens from being done like Deep Wounds can, you can still do gens while broken. This is why it's a separate mechanic.
A power for legion and my conspiracy is that legion and his power were solely added just so they could change how BT worked
You can use the Blade Addons if you want to increase the Time.
It's actually quite a useful tool to slow the Game down a bit and makes not tunneling easier because if you find a Surviver who just got unhooked you can hit him with Feral Frenzy and instead find the unhooker while the Survivor who just got unhooked can't immediately go on a Gen.
They can and they should most major multiplayer games balance around the high level, because those people know what they are doing and know how to exploit everything the game gives them.
It’s a stall mechanic. It’s to force survivors into a healing like action when they wound otherwise not heal.
Funny story, I was running a game earlier on Deathslinger. The map was autohaven. I was doing a pretty good job putting pressure on Survivors, no gens done at all. But the hook states were getting spread out, so everyone was alive most of the game.
I get into a nice situation where I have two Survivors hooked on nearby hooks. So I am circling the Killer shack to look for heroes, and one of them goes for the unhook. I fire off a shot and apply Deep Wounds. I let them go, not thinking much of it.
Two minutes later I am chasing off a Survivor near a hook when I a hear a scream. I was like "Wait. I didn't do that. What was that?" I turn around and see a Survivor's aura bleeding on the ground atop the hill.
The dude that I hit with Deep Wounds ignored it, and he just dropped dead trying to open a chest.
I haven't laughed that hard in weeks.