Something Utterly Radical, 6 perk slots for Killers
What would be people's opinion about that?
What would be your new preferred loadout on your favorite killer?
What would be people's opinion about that?
What would be your new preferred loadout on your favorite killer?
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
Indeed, that would be radical XD
I'm currently playing with Monitor & Abuse, Nurse's Calling, Hex: Devour Hope and Hex: Haunted Ground on Hag. I guess Agitation and Brutal Strengh wouldn't hurt?
Very, very radical. Too radical lol
I'd just add Enduring and Spirit Fury on top of my normal Tombstone Piece Myers build. Dying Light, Ruin, Brutal Strength, and BBQ/Nurse's.
Would that make myers OP? Not really and competetn SWF would still wreck you^^
It would help with chases. Just saying what I'd do. It would just make killers kinda broken in general though. 2 extra perk slots? That's insane lol.
I would love for this to have a consistent horror feel like when i first played it, unfortunately its feeling more and more like any other competitive game.
Perks can boost killers power only to a certain amount, after that if the base killer is weak, he will remain weak.
The balance of the game should be tilted to the killer's side of the playing field.It's an asymmetrical game.
Letting killers have 6 slots would further create that feeling of an unevenness that should be native to this type of game.
5 maybe, 6 would be too OP.
Probably be better if survivors lost a perk rather than gain one though.
Horror theme, but just a competitive game.
Well, Barbecue, Nurse's Calling, Ruin, MYC, Deerstalker and Haunted Grounds would be a fun experience (for me at least)
They hate Doctor no matter what, so the situation won't matter in the end.
On Pig, I would add anti-pallet perks. On Hag, I would add more hexes.
And the game would honestly be too easy if that happened. Other killers would become even more broken.
I agree with these sentiments almost 100%. I'm not sure it's definitely the one fix the game needs to make killers clearly favored at all levels, but it doesn't even seem radical to me on its face because at every level of play you still encounter extremely coordinated SWF teams who rush gens like ninjas and basically have no fear of the killer whatsoever.
The "radical" part of this comes from the fact that 4 perks has been base-line since the game launched. Switching it to 6 perks for killers would be a massive change.
And yeah, this change would probably not affect SWFs that much.
The problem is, killer perks should be more powerful than survivor perks, just because killer should be the powerrole to play against the numerous role played by the survivor.
But in fact, killer perks are weaker than survivor perks.
That's why 4 perks for everyone doesn't work.
Killer actually should have more perks and 6 is not radical at all.
Tell that to the developers. They seem reluctant to give power to killers without major compromise.
hmmm 6 perks....
I'm gonna run bitter murmer, noED, sloppy butcher, Nurses calling, thanatophobia, aaaaaand maybe ruin or franklins. 6 jigsaw boxes.
And you know what even with 2 extra perk slots I bet I'd still have an insane run for my money vs a SWF group.
All you did was add 2 tracking perks to a gen skillcheck build.....on a doctor, whos base kit already includes dozens of ways to track people....
Not sure why they would hate you since this build is redundant.
I think killers SHOULD have more slots simply because they're totem perks in more than 50% of the cases will be removed right away.
How about a 5th slot? A 5th slot that can ONLY be used with a totem perk. Other slots can still have totems as well but you can only place a totem in the 5th slot.
Say i'm a basic Killer
(115% movement speed, 32-meter Terror Radius, standard lunge range, standard vault speed etc. etc. etc.)
without a Power
(No Bear Traps, no Wailing Bell, no Chainsaw etc. etc. etc.),
these would be my 6 equipped Perks...
B&C for BP and a quick way to find people.
H: DH for LOADS OF FUN!
H: HG to protect H: DH to some degree.
(If you're a standard Killer, and in this build i assumed so, Hex: Thrill of the Hunt is absolutely NOT going to do the job.)
STBFL to shorten chases.
Enduring to "counter" Decisive Strike and to not give a ######### about pallets.
Spirit Fury to shorten chases.
Anything would be more interesting than the current state, as I'm running out of ideas and ways to challenge the survivors..... running oddball stuff.....I just can't get excited or thrilled with the challenges I can present them with....
Perk Roulette..? lol
I think 6 Perks were one way to go for killers in seperate swf-cues, so they can compensate a little, and there might be an incentive to join such a game mode as a killer.
As long as thats not the case, i dont think so.