Was Killer really that hard back in the day?
I've been following this game since Beta, I say following because I didn't have a PC and purchased it a few months after console release. So I was still around for things like vacuum pallets and old ds. My problem is I've seen others complaining about how easy killer is nowadays and how it used to be much harder in the past.
Other than old mettle of man and the occasional cheater ruining the experience, I don't even remembering complaining about vacuum pallets. Would it because I was still new that I didn't really see it as hard or are just the other veterans exaggerating?
Edit: A lot of people seemed to be misunderstanding me since apparently I didn't emphasize on it enough, so let me just say, I KNOW. I know that killer vault speeds used to be slower, I know that hooks used to not re spawn, I know that there used to be a lot more pallets and loops were stronger, I know that there used to be genuine infinities in the game, I know that killers powers were a lot less balanced and either were too strong or weak with little middle ground, I know vaulting for survivor used to be a lot stronger. I said this myself, I watched over this game through streamers and youtubers while it was still only on pc all the way back from the beta and bought it shortly after it came to console. Trust me, this is not some newbie asking if people are just whining. I simply just don't look back on this time period and wonder how the hell I enjoyed the broken mess, I just enjoyed the game and wondered if it was because I was still new.
Comments
We called it "Dribbling" back then and most killers would do it. You used to be able to dribble a survivor indefinately, but the devs decided to give the survivors free struggle when you drop them which was probably for the best. That still allowed you to dribble them 2 or 3 times, but you couldn't grief with it by doing it indefinitely anymore.
but yes, it worked. Pick up the survivor, move for 1 or 2 seconds, drop them. Rinse and Repeat. It stopped DS cold. Sometimes it DS would still fire but the drop would go through anyway and we wouldn't get stunned. We'd see the icon for it and know their DS was dead and carry them the rest of the way. Eventually all that was patched out as well.
For some weird reason, I never called it "Dribbling". I don't even know why.
I remember it all too well. Especially because of my failed "dribbling" into a pallet stun into a Self-Care skill check mid-chase as Old Freddy. A terrible situation, but funny in a way.