main event is great when it isn't garbage

when I actually get to use main event I can down 3-4 survivors in the same area.

But that being said why can't I use it when I want? Imagine oni but you only have 15 seconds to activate his power.

and then I looked at the buff notes and they said they aren't going to let main event be savable.

So why the hell not? You can 99 his power anyways, just let us save it instead

Comments

  • Yeah in the right situations it's actually really powerfull.

    The fact that those right situations need to happen in the 15 second timeframe you get it isn't ideal ofcourse

  • The survivors that got downed by it must not have known the forbidden tech of running around literally anything to completely counter it.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    The power is incredible to down outpositioned survivors in the open, but I'm extremely unlucky to always get it in a rock loop I can't even throw daggers lmao.

    And the delay is sooooo long.The survivors are already gone by the time he actually starts to throw the daggers lol

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    The power is incredible to down outpositioned survivors in the open, but I'm extremely unlucky to always get it in a rock loop I can't even throw daggers lmao.

    Any killer can get an easy hit on a survivor out of position in the open. And what is easier and quicker ? Landing a basic attack, or landing 8 knives ? Honnestly in most scenarios, its the basic attack. Thats the whole issue of this killer in a nutshell.

  • @Decarcassor said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2096664#Comment_2096664

    Any killer can get an easy hit on a survivor out of position in the open. And what is easier and quicker ? Landing a basic attack, or landing 8 knives ? Honnestly in most scenarios, its the basic attack. Thats the whole issue of this killer in a nutshell.

    Main event can down way quicker than basic m1 hits. You can literally tear people down in like a matter of seconds with it. Tricksters power right now isn't the best, but right now if you set yourself into a position with him you can down people much quicker than if you were to m1 anytime.

  • Imagine Oni not being allowed to use Blood Furry whenever he wants

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2096842#Comment_2096842

    Trickster has a 1s cooldown (which is going to be 1,25s according to the last update) between the throwing knives state and being able to M1. So, just like Huntress, it's better to M2 into M1, as you don't have to go through the huge 3s weapon wiping animation. With Main Event you can down a survivor in less than 10 seconds if he's in the open.

    Sure, but being able to punish survivors in the open a bit easier than basic M1 killers (and also far worse than the insta down gang) isn't much of an upside. And in its current form its really hard to discuss the usefullness and power of the Main Event, because you are hardly able to use it anyway.

  • @Lord_Tony said:

    when I actually get to use main event I can down 3-4 survivors in the same area.

    But that being said why can't I use it when I want? Imagine oni but you only have 15 seconds to activate his power.

    and then I looked at the buff notes and they said they aren't going to let main event be savable.

    So why the hell not? You can 99 his power anyways, just let us save it instead

    You answered your own question: because when the stars align it’s possible to down all 4 survivors.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2097290#Comment_2097290

    yeah but huntress gets that for free just by having hatchets on hand

    trickster's just meh

    I know Huntress is better, but you’re going to claim Huntress can down all four survivors in the same timeframe of Main Event active and running?!