"Thats Rude"

So I've been trying this premonition tome for a few hours trying to get it done. Each game I've had I have pointed in the direction of each sound notification 10-20 times, and a minimum of 5 times at close proximity, directly at the killer as they approach me in a straight line, maintaining line of site and with distance certainly not an being an issue. In this most recent game the killer was just trying to farm his action interrupt tome, so I counted 10 times where I literally poked him in the eye with each audio prompt from premonition.

Has anyone actually gotten this tome to function? If so, what did you do, how did you finally get it to work?

If you did get it to work, did it need line of site, or a specific proximity?

Comments

  • It literally only worked for me in a match against a clown where I had direct visual on him. Premonition's trigger angle is extremely wide, so I would often just point randomly, and the quest just wouldn't trigger.

    It requires a hell of a lot of luck. You need to have visual on the killer without him or her seeing you. And then hope you can milk that for two in a row. It's a terrible challenge, and another 'throw the game' kind of thing, since Premonition is utterly pointless.

  • @Brub said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/241475/thats-rude

    it worked for me after an hour of trying. The thing I was doing wrong is the 5 seconds window is counting the whole animation. So you have to actually start the point animation about 2 seconds after the notification. and Make sure your doing the full animation not ending it early. Nothing much I can say tbh this helped for me.

    oh so I was actually doing it TOO fast? Thats crazy. Considering how long the animations were I was trying to make sure I fit them all in the window of time it gave you, thanks!

  • @Firellius said:

    It literally only worked for me in a match against a clown where I had direct visual on him. Premonition's trigger angle is extremely wide, so I would often just point randomly, and the quest just wouldn't trigger.

    It requires a hell of a lot of luck. You need to have visual on the killer without him or her seeing you. And then hope you can milk that for two in a row. It's a terrible challenge, and another 'throw the game' kind of thing, since Premonition is utterly pointless.

    wait so it doesnt work if the killer can see you? Doesn't that kinda defeat the point of the name "Thats Rude"? I thought the point was it would look like you were taunting him. Thats going to be a pain but thanks!

  • @JasmineDragon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2095717#Comment_2095717

    wait so it doesnt work if the killer can see you? Doesn't that kinda defeat the point of the name "Thats Rude"? I thought the point was it would look like you were taunting him. Thats going to be a pain but thanks!

    No, it does work if the killer can see you. Problem is, pointing at that stage will get you killed.

  • It is a tricky one but I got it done by letting the full animation finish before moving. I read also that not have any obstacles in the way helped.

    Did seem like I had to let the killer get some very easy hits so I could get this challenge done though :(