Buffing and changing the Wraith's addons

A continuation of fixing killer addons to make them much better. Any addons that I do not change will remain the same.

I will be explaining each family of addons from the lowest to highest rarity in a nice organized fashion, and from uncommon to very rare. Hope you like it. And as always, feel free to critique or add your own suggestions.

I might tweak these changes from time to time.

The bone clapper (uncommon addon) - Upgrade this addon to very rare, it is definitely worth more than an uncommon addon.


"Blink" addon changes

***The affect of these addons stack with each other

Mud (uncommon):

  • After hitting a survivor with a "surprise attack" the next time you cloak you will be completely invisible to all survivors within 20 meters of you for 20 seconds. *Is shown as a buff Icon in the bottom right to know how long it lasts

White (rare):

  • After hitting a survivor with a "surprise attack", you gain the ability to instantly cloak with your secondary action button for 10 seconds. *Is shown as a buff icon in the bottom right to know how long it lasts
  • Your movement speed after instantly cloaking is increased to 9.2 m/s for 3 seconds (billy movement speed)
  • Has a cooldown of 30 seconds


"Swift hunt" addon buffs

***These all can stack on each other

Mud (uncommon):

  • Decreases the time required to uncloak by .35 seconds.

White (rare):

  • Decreases the time required to uncloak by .35 seconds.
  • When coming out of cloak, gain the haste status effect (5%) for 10 seconds

Blood (very rare):

  • Decreases the successful attack cooldown when hitting a survivor with a "surprise attack" by 40%.
  • Decreases the time required to uncloak by .35 seconds.

The swift hunt addons are currently very underwhelming. You have to use two of these addons to get a decent reduction value in uncloaking. These little buffs will help with this and add more. It will also make sense with the text "swift".


"Shadow dance" addon buffs

White (rare):

  • Increases window vault, break actions, and locker opening speed by 40% when cloaked.
  • This effect persists for 5 seconds after uncloaking.

Blood (very rare):

  • Increases window vault, break actions, and locker opening speed by 60% when cloaked.
  • This effect persists for 5 seconds after uncloaking.

The problem with these addons is that they only work when cloaked. It is fun, but not effective. With this buff you should be able to get more value out of it, potentially in a chase. It is still going to be weak though and I am probably going to change this effect.


"Windstorm" addon buffs

***These stack

Mud (uncommon):

  • Increases your speed while cloaked by 7.5% (its new current speed, just saying the exact speed increase it has now, same for the other windstorm addons)

White (rare):

  • Increases your speed while cloaked by 10%
  • Decreases the range at which survivors see your "shimmer" effect while cloaked by 8 meters

Blood (very rare):

  • Increases your speed while cloaked by 12.5%.
  • Increases the post-uncloak speed boost duration by .25 seconds.

Now that the windstorm addons were slightly nerfed, they are sort of redundant unless you stack them together. This buff will allow the Wraith to charge into survivors with more ease than before


"Blind warrior" - Mud addon buff

Mud (uncommon):

  • Surprise attacks afflict the blindness status effect on a survivor for 80 seconds. The timer starts to go down when you stop chasing them.

This buff should help a little, and it might make it decent. If you are switching off-targets frequently then you should get some nice value from this addon. It is still not that great, but eh the blindness status effect needs a buff anyways so it doesn't matter all that much.


Ultra rare addon "All seeing" Spirit:
  • When cloaked, the Repair Progression of Generators can be determined by the intensity of their Auras.
  • Survivors working on this generator will have their auras revealed for 10 seconds if they get off the generator.

So this addon is a good one, but it feels just a little underwhelming for an ultra rare. Sure, you can tell what gens are being worked on and how much progress they have, but unless you have pop or ruin you aren't going to get a whole lot of value out of it. Because of that, I decided to give it a slight buff to make it do just a little more.

After testing it out, this other ultra-rare is pretty good after all. I revoke my change made to it.


And with that, I come to a close with the addon pass for Wraith's addons. See you in the next one.

Comments

  • Wraith still needs more buffs and things for him which is why I still made this even after his mms increase while cloaked made base kit.

  • Oh, that is interesting!

    I like your ideas. But if I may ask, have you considered bringing back some of his "Lightburn resistance" add-ons? They were situational, but they could give him an advantage on certain scenarios. 

  • @GeneralV said:

    Oh, that is interesting!

    I like your ideas. But if I may ask, have you considered bringing back some of his "Lightburn resistance" add-ons? They were situational, but they could give him an advantage on certain scenarios. 

    No I have not. I remember those addons, and I remember that they were definitely not great. They were terrible addons because they had a meh effect that was very very situational. They were also around when flashlights were a little too strong, but they are fine now.

  • @Yords said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2095836#Comment_2095836

    No I have not. I remember those addons, and I remember that they were definitely not great. They were terrible addons because they had a meh effect that was very very situational. They were also around when flashlights were a little too strong, but they are fine now.

    Fair enough. And you are right, they were indeed very situational.

    Okay, I just thought of something. I have another question, if you don't mind. Do you think Lightborn should affect the Lightburn mechanic for Wraith and Nurse?

  • @GeneralV said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2095925#Comment_2095925

    Fair enough. And you are right, they were indeed very situational.

    Okay, I just thought of something. I have another question, if you don't mind. Do you think Lightborn should affect the Lightburn mechanic for Wraith and Nurse?

    Eh, I guess it could, but bhvr would have to code that in (we all know how fast they are at bringing us updates) for a very small situational thing. So honestly, no.

  • I have updated the list

  • I find the fact the Wraith has an add on to make disappearance time quicker or make him faster cloaked is now silly and worthless. Disappearance time is super fast and he’s already in a car basically while cloaked. The reappearance time now is the only thing that you need add ons for. By the time you reappear survivors have made it halfway across the map. I would love add ons for more speed while uncloaked though.

  • I have updated the list again. I made changes to the "Blink" and "Windstorm" addons.

  • Not a fan of the swift hunt changes. With Wraiths current buff to his lunge that would just make his post invisibility lunge more oppressive/pushing the limit on being broken. Instead perhaps change the reappearance speed reduction by .3 .35 and .4 and perhaps seeing how that plays out.

  • @th3 said:

    Not a fan of the swift hunt changes. With Wraiths current buff to his lunge that would just make his post invisibility lunge more oppressive/pushing the limit on being broken. Instead perhaps change the reappearance speed reduction by .3 .35 and .4 and perhaps seeing how that plays out.

    That would do the same thing though if you think about it.

    With my idea, you would have a longer lunge and be able to smack survivors after uncloaking right behind them, so the distance you lose while uncloaking isn't really that big of a deal.

    With your idea it would make the distance you lose when uncloaking less of a deal because you gain the distance you would have gotten in my suggestion with your idea... if that makes sense lol.

    I myself don't really see that being overpowered or too oppressive, especially since this is just Wraith we are talking about here. He is still countered the same as before he got his buffs and can be dealt with just fine.

    But now that I think of it, this could probably be on a better rarity addon so it is more fair.