Explain this DS nerf logic to me
So, if you heal yourself with Self Care or a medkit, this means you are not being tunneled because you have time to progress the game, thus DS is deactivated.
However, if you have Inner Strength active, you can just slip into a locker and heal like that. Inner Strength is 8 seconds faster than a standard medkit heal and a massive 24 seconds faster than a Self Care heal. That's not even taking into account the various ways killers can slow down healing even further that do not affect Inner Strength. So you are actually progressing the game much faster and getting to keep your DS.
(Yes I know you also cleanse a totem for 14 seconds, but not while your DS is active, and 14+8 is still faster than Self Care)
Now, I'm not saying Inner Strength SHOULD deactivate DS, but the logic doesn't make sense to me. Maybe I'm missing something but it's my opinion the DS nerf wasn't well thought out and the inconsistency here is evidence for that.
Comments
I think the logic makes sense seeing as other players can still heal you. As long as someone else or something else is doing the healing.
this means they are going to have to dedicate a large part of their perk build to just do this with decisive and inner strength, and it isnt that bad.
Its harder to code, i guess. And they shouldnt risk more possibilities for bugs.
I think this is probably the real reason
I mean, yeah but it's not a problem as there can be only 5 heals per game like that which also includes finding and cleaning of 5 totems, overall that slows down the game more that 5 self care heals.
The reason it doesn't deactivate is because it doesn't get deactivated code wise from getting healed 1 health state overall (by a teammate healing you for example) but by progressing a healing bar = medkit, SC, etc. IS doesn't have a progress bar so it bypasess the condition in a healthy way and creates combos for DS with lockers which already combo with it well and help against tunnelnig even further.
I don't see why should IS heal be an issue or a flaw when the whole idea of DS is to deactivate upon progressing the most basic kinds of actions that progress the match and have bars.
I think doing the action should deactivate while perk shouldn't so they could get used like inner strength and second wind
This is my opinon
Because Inner Strength is not you initiating the healing action.
I also don't see how it's a problem as a survivor unhooking you with We'll Make It will heal you in the same time as Inner Strength and also not cancel your DS.