10-15s timer for DS

I get and agree with the need for the DS rework (I mostly play survivor) but most of the time you can't always tell if you're about to be tunneled.

A minor change I'd suggest is adding a 10-15 second interaction (excluding a hook rescue which should deactivate DS instantly) before deactivation. This would accommodate for when you think you're not being tunneled but not allow for game breaking abuse of it. I don't think everyone abuses it by doing a gen etc. It's just they think they're safe but don't realise that the killer has dropped a chase or whatever they're doing to come and tunnel you out.

Having those few seconds gives that window of opportunity to notice a killer coming for you and react to getting tunneled.

As it stands at the moment the perk is more detriment as you have to either do nothing and wait and see if you're tunneled or guess whether you might be ok to heal a team mate or actually do something in game- only to find that you were wrong a few seconds later and have wasted the perk. (Particularly in solo Q with no Comms).

In addition for the killers they should instantly have all DS deactivate if another survivor is hooked as they clearly weren't tunneling if they have hooked someone else in the meantime.

Comments

  • If you're sat on a gen you're progressing the match and therefore aren't getting tunnelled because if you were you wouldn't be able to do that.

    It's the killers job to stop the gens getting done so if you're going to jump straight on a gen after getting unhooked you're running that risk. Also the killer isn't tunnelling he's gone to a gen and found you on it so you can't do a surprised pikachu face because he stops you and puts you back on the hook.

  • I'm pretty confident something like this will be implemented at some point. Right now, killers are just leaving the hook and waiting a short time before returning to tunnel. Not so bad on regular killers but on high mobility/stealth killers it means its failing as an anti tunnel perk.

  • @Kirkylad said:

    If you're sat on a gen you're progressing the match and therefore aren't getting tunnelled because if you were you wouldn't be able to do that.

    It's the killers job to stop the gens getting done so if you're going to jump straight on a gen after getting unhooked you're running that risk. Also the killer isn't tunnelling he's gone to a gen and found you on it so you can't do a surprised pikachu face because he stops you and puts you back on the hook.

    Tunneling doesn't only occur if it happens before you can do anything else in game. You're missing my point that you're held hostage to do nothing at all to wait and see if you're tunneled. You shouldn't have to stand around waiting like a pleb for 10-20 seconds to see if the killer is coming back or run for the hills in anticipation that he may be tunneling you...

  • @Kirkylad said:

    If you're sat on a gen you're progressing the match and therefore aren't getting tunnelled because if you were you wouldn't be able to do that.

    It's the killers job to stop the gens getting done so if you're going to jump straight on a gen after getting unhooked you're running that risk. Also the killer isn't tunnelling he's gone to a gen and found you on it so you can't do a surprised pikachu face because he stops you and puts you back on the hook.

    Agree with gens, but sometimes you can try self healing before killer comes charging straight back, even if you move from hook you have blood and injured noises. Personally id like to see it deactivate when you reach 50/75% self heal progress more than anything

  • @realflashboss said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2086331#Comment_2086331

    Tunneling doesn't only occur if it happens before you can do anything else in game. You're missing my point that you're held hostage to do nothing at all to wait and see if you're tunneled. You shouldn't have to stand around waiting like a pleb for 10-20 seconds to see if the killer is coming back or run for the hills in anticipation that he may be tunneling you...

    A teammate healing you takes that long and doesn't take away ds. Problem solved If you have time to get healed and then jump on a gen you aren't being tunnelled so if the killer comes after you he isn't tunneling he's stopping you from completing your objective which is his objective.

  • @Harold_Shipman said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2086331#Comment_2086331

    Agree with gens, but sometimes you can try self healing before killer comes charging straight back, even if you move from hook you have blood and injured noises. Personally id like to see it deactivate when you reach 50/75% self heal progress more than anything

    Don't heal near the hook and get to a safe place. Also find a teammate to heal you because it's quicker and you don't lose ds.

  • @Kirkylad said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2086338#Comment_2086338

    A teammate healing you takes that long and doesn't take away ds. Problem solved If you have time to get healed and then jump on a gen you aren't being tunnelled so if the killer comes after you he isn't tunneling he's stopping you from completing your objective which is his objective.

    Ok so if you're healed you lose DS too then which is fair!

    I don't think that many people who abused it before are running it anymore. I haven't run it for many months as I think it's a boring perk but the people i see running it now are usually the people who need it most cuz they're new or not very good and they're the one who could do with a small grace period.

    At 10 seconds I don't think there's much harm in terms of progression and it's not really abusable. Ruin alone would get rid of that progression in 3.5 seconds of chase.

  • @Kirkylad said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2086344#Comment_2086344

    Don't heal near the hook and get to a safe place. Also find a teammate to heal you because it's quicker and you don't lose ds.

    easier said than done when you're leaving blood trails everywhere; as I say this is an issue mainly for stealth/high mobility killers more than anything. And getting team mates to heal you is all well and good with swf, but in solo q, which is of course already one of the worst experiences in the game, not so much.

  • @realflashboss said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2086346#Comment_2086346

    Ok so if you're healed you lose DS too then which is fair!

    I don't think that many people who abused it before are running it anymore. I haven't run it for many months as I think it's a boring perk but the people i see running it now are usually the people who need it most cuz they're new or not very good and they're the one who could do with a small grace period.

    At 10 seconds I don't think there's much harm in terms of progression and it's not really abusable. Ruin alone would get rid of that progression in 3.5 seconds of chase.

    No it would allow people to gen tap which stops regression and progresses the game. If a teammate heals you then you don't lose ds so if the killer does come back you're healed and you have ds.

    But if you want to jump straight back on the gen and get your objective done as quickly as possible then the killer is going to see you and take advantage by putting you back on the hook and getting his objective done as quickly as possible. It works both ways if it's okay for a survivor to try and get gens done ASAP then it's okay for a killer to try and get kills ASAP.

    If you're going to jump straight back on the nearest gen instead of going somewhere else you run the risk of the killer coming back to where he knows survivors are and taking advantage of it.

  • @Harold_Shipman said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2086348#Comment_2086348

    easier said than done when you're leaving blood trails everywhere; as I say this is an issue mainly for stealth/high mobility killers more than anything. And getting team mates to heal you is all well and good with swf, but in solo q, which is of course already one of the worst experiences in the game, not so much.

    So if you're going somewhere else and the killer finds you then you have ds and the perks worked as intended. I only play solo queue and I can't go anywhere injured without being swarmed by teammates chasing me to heal me for bloodpoints.

  • @Kirkylad said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2086365#Comment_2086365

    So if you're going somewhere else and the killer finds you then you have ds and the perks worked as intended. I only play solo queue and I can't go anywhere injured without being swarmed by teammates chasing me to heal me for bloodpoints.

    not if you've moved elsewhere, tapped self heal and then the killer has found you through your blood trails and a frighteningly small terror radius.

  • @Harold_Shipman said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2086374#Comment_2086374

    not if you've moved elsewhere, tapped self heal and then the killer has found you through your blood trails and a frighteningly small terror radius.

    Then you need to get better at being self aware and looking around for the killer before assuming you're safe. But like I said find a teammate and get it done quicker without losing ds, I've played only solo for 4 years I rarely even have to be asked to be healed before they're Tbagging next to me to heal me.

  • @Kirkylad said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2086378#Comment_2086378

    Then you need to get better at being self aware and looking around for the killer before assuming you're safe. But like I said find a teammate and get it done quicker without losing ds, I've played only solo for 4 years I rarely even have to be asked to be healed before they're Tbagging next to me to heal me.

    There's many reasons why its never that straight forward. It was a suggestion that is to the detriment of nobody but tunnelling killers who return immediately to the hook to rehook the guy whos just come off, didn't think it would be so controversial.

  • @Kirkylad said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2086378#Comment_2086378

    Then you need to get better at being self aware and looking around for the killer before assuming you're safe. But like I said find a teammate and get it done quicker without losing ds, I've played only solo for 4 years I rarely even have to be asked to be healed before they're Tbagging next to me to heal me.

    Can I see you play? you sound like an amazing survivor.

  • @Harold_Shipman said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2086389#Comment_2086389

    There's many reasons why its never that straight forward. It was a suggestion that is to the detriment of nobody but tunnelling killers who return immediately to the hook to rehook the guy whos just come off, didn't think it would be so controversial.

    If they come straight back to the hook then they're going to find you regardless and you have ds so the perks going to work exactly as it's meant to, to stop actual tunneling. If you're on a gen straight away or self caring you aren't being tunnelled so if you do it right where the killer knows survivors just were then you run that risk.

  • I, too, would like to see this.

  • I've been playing a long time so I'm good at survivor and I know how to play smart, there will always be people out there with more hours in the game and better than me of course but that's like anyone else. Also I only play solo so no using SWF as a crutch either to get to rank 1.

  • Id expect anyone with more than 100 hours in the game to know that if you heal or do a gen straight next to the hook you just came off you should expect the killer myn't come straight back to you.

  • @Kirkylad said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2086407#Comment_2086407

    I've been playing a long time so I'm good at survivor and I know how to play smart, there will always be people out there with more hours in the game and better than me of course but that's like anyone else. Also I only play solo so no using SWF as a crutch either to get to rank 1.

    Ok. You sound like an amazing survivor. Can I see you play?

  • @CustomerService said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2086430#Comment_2086430

    Ok. You sound like an amazing survivor. Can I see you play?

    I'm on console and not a streamer but everything I've stated is the basics of learning survivor so these are things you should learn early on.

  • @Kirkylad said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2086437#Comment_2086437

    I'm on console and not a streamer but everything I've stated is the basics of learning survivor so these are things you should learn early on.

    That's okay. I never said you're a streamer. I like all your good lectures/advices on how to play the game. Can I see you play?

  • @CustomerService said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2086439#Comment_2086439

    That's okay. I never said you're a streamer. I like all your good lectures/advices on how to play the game. Can I see you play?

    So you can see me not self care or not jump straight on a gen after getting unhooked lol. You can watch a streamer that picked up the game in the last month and see that it's pretty basic stuff.

  • @Kirkylad said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2086448#Comment_2086448

    So you can see me not self care or not jump straight on a gen after getting unhooked lol. You can watch a streamer that picked up the game in the last month and see that it's pretty basic stuff.

    I don't watch streamers, I play the game instead. Shocking, I know.


    But the question remains, after readind all your posts/lectures/advices/instructions, I would love to watch you play to learn a few things.


    Can I see you play?

  • @CustomerService said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2086456#Comment_2086456

    I don't watch streamers, I play the game instead. Shocking, I know.

    But the question remains, after readind all your posts/lectures/advices/instructions, I would love to watch you play to learn a few things.

    Can I see you play?

    You can repeat yourself to try and prove a point as much as you like. I haven't stated I'm a god gamer I'm simply pointing out the basics of how to play smarter. If you want to watch someone to get better at the game that's a streamers job go watch a stream or watch a content creator on YouTube.

  • @Kirkylad said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2086461#Comment_2086461

    You can repeat yourself to try and prove a point as much as you like. I haven't stated I'm a god gamer I'm simply pointing out the basics of how to play smarter. If you want to watch someone to get better at the game that's a streamers job go watch a stream or watch a content creator on YouTube.

    Man, that's so disappointing. It's really easy to find constant lectures on the forums about how easy something is, how blatantly obviously something is done, how something works...


    But when it comes down to demonstrating something and making it more than words, suddenly everyone is busy / not available / they're not streaming because they're allergic to something, a relative passed, their computer can't handle it, their dog ate their index finger so they suddenly can't, it's "not my job" (but it apparently is your job to TALK about it, not proving it).


    Damn, it's really unlucky.

  • @CustomerService said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2086465#Comment_2086465

    Man, that's so disappointing. It's really easy to find constant lectures on the forums about how easy something is, how blatantly obviously something is done, how something works...

    But when it comes down to demostrating something and making it more than words, suddenly everyone is busy / not available / they're not streaming because they're allergic to something, a relative passed, their computer can't handle it, their dog ate their index finger so they suddenly can't, it's "not my job" (but it apparently is your job to TALK about it, not proving it).

    Damn, it's really unlucky.

    let me ask you a question then, if you have ds is it smarter to jump on a gen or self care straight away without knowing if the killers coming straight back. Or is it smarter to get another survivor to heal you so you still have ds and you either get healed before and have ds still or don't but at least you still have ds?

    Its very basic stuff, I don't have to prove myself to someone trying to troll on a forum because someone's stated obvious facts.

  • @Kirkylad said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2086484#Comment_2086484

    let me ask you a question then, if you have ds is it smarter to jump on a gen or self care straight away without knowing if the killers coming straight back. Or is it smarter to get another survivor to heal you so you still have ds and you either get healed before and have ds still or don't but at least you still have ds?

    Its very basic stuff, I don't have to prove myself to someone trying to troll on a forum because someone's stated obvious facts.

    Ah, the old good "you're a troll" card. It's always handy isn't it?

    No, listen. When you state something, and make an affirmation, it should be true and it should be backed up by something. At least you should try. When I say something, I'm ready to back it up and prove it, otherwise I'm lying. So, when someone is preaching on the forums and lecturing everyone on how "easy survivor is", "survivor is broken" , "survivors are so OP" "lolz this is easy" , "lolz this is how you do that". And then the moment they're asked to demonstrate it they chicken out, then they're lying. It's just all words all talk nothing substantial.

  • @CustomerService said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2086488#Comment_2086488

    Ah, the old good "you're a troll" card. It's always handy isn't it?

    No, listen. When you state something, and make an affirmation, it should be true and it should be backed up by something. At least you should try. When I say something, I'm ready to back it up and prove it, otherwise I'm lying. So, when someone is preaching on the forums and lecturing everyone on how "easy survivor is", "survivor is broken" , "survivors are so OP" "lolz this is easy" , "lolz this is how you do that". And then the moment they're asked to demonstrate it they chicken out, then they're lying. It's just all words all talk nothing substantial.

    You haven't answered my question.

  • You have been dodging my questions for 20 posts now. All you've given are excuses.

    I can explain to you how to use DS and we can see live demonstrations of each other, I'll invite you to a few matches, I will see how you explain to me what you mean AND see you play, and you can do the same with me. Deal?

  • @CustomerService said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2086501#Comment_2086501

    You have been dodging my questions for 20 posts now. All you've given are excuses.

    I can explain to you how to use DS and we can see live demonstrations of each other, I'll invite you to a few matches, I will see how you explain to me what you mean AND see you play, and you can do the same with me. Deal?

    You haven't had a question you've just asked to see my play and I've responded to that. But like I said you still haven't answered my question because you know that's the smarter option and you simply don't want to admit it.

  • @Kirkylad said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2086514#Comment_2086514

    You haven't had a question you've just asked to see my play and I've responded to that. But like I said you still haven't answered my question because you know that's the smarter option and you simply don't want to admit it.

    In all this time you spent dodging you could have streamed by now. Anyway, you talk, you can't play.

    Nothing new.

  • @CustomerService said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2086526#Comment_2086526

    In all this time you spent dodging you could have streamed by now. Anyway, you talk, you can't play.

    Nothing new.

    Yet you still haven't answered my question but if you want to keep avoiding it and talking crap and contradicting yourself you keep doing that.

    Nothing new.

  • DS is fine as is right now

    Im still running it

    But if maybe making another change:

    • Reduce the time to 40 seconds at tier 3
    • Make it activates multiple times like borrowed time


    And adding more things who deactivate it:

    the ones who already do it+

    • Open/Rummiage chests
    • Grab an item from the ground / Leave an item in the ground (grab Franklings toss items...give your key/flashlight to a teammate)
    • Stun the killer while carring a teammate (flashlight/headon/pallet/firecrackers)
    • Taking a protection hit while the killer carry a teammate
    • Save a teammate from a Beartrap/Cage of torment
    • Mending & Mending teammates
    • Snap out of it (Dr.madness)
    • Jigsaw Box search
    • Sealing Demogorgon Portals
    • Using Devotion Pools
    • Wake Up using Alarmclocks & Wake Up teammates
    • Crush IDLE Victor


    These changes will discourage tunneling, tunnel a guy after being already tunneled, disable weak killer powers, and will feel as a TRUE anti-tunneling perk.


    Also, you guys remmember when Obsession perks have different effects beetwen being the obssesion or not? Maybe adding that the obsession have a bigger skillcheck will be nice too.