After doing some experimentation on trickster out of pure anger and spite towards trickster

I discovered that you are actually better of NOT using his knives than using his knives

Console used: Xbox one S

Ranks: 6-2 (Depipped alot but got a few safeties and pips)

Sensitivity: Max


I consistently got only 1 kill whenever I would use both knives and M1


I literally got no downs using only his knives

I got a 3.5 and a 4k using only M1 (One gave me adept, the other didn't)


His UR add-ons are practically just nerfing him

The shatter blades have such a small AoE affect that if they would work, you shouldn't have missed anyways

Piercing blades are too situational

Trick blades are interesting, but fun (Still wish the bounce was basekit)

Did not use his Aura reading one (If you used it, can someone tell me how it was?)

(For some reason) his Y Axis sensitivity is decreased while using his knives, but his X Axis Sensitivity stays the same

His knives are not that great, at long range the recoil is just a big middle finger and by the time you can hit them at a distance he is so slow he lost all of his distance

In Medium range, his knives are meh but usually its better to just M1

In short range, just M1


Now comes his Main Event (Its bugged I know, but it does have issues still)

The cooldown on being able to use knives again, and the weird delay before throwing and deactivating main event feels so weird

Overall, this isn't a good killer, I feel like he was made to say "Hey look, we can make killer powers look cool"

Comments

  • Pretty much

    His knives are wildly inconsistent, especially on console (I have heard they're better on PC but "better" is relative). Unless the survivor has run themselves into the deadest of dead zones and you're so on top of them that legally you might now owe them breakfast, using the knives takes far far far too long to get a hit with and it's easier to just smack them with his knock off light saber.

    I was kind of hoping there might be some trick to him or something that I'm just not doing right but if there is some kind of secret to using him, I have no idea what it is or even a hint to it...

  • I know he's in desperate needs for buffs, but honestly even if he gets buffed I don't expect him to be any better compared to other killers on the roster. He needs a full on rework in my personal opinion

  • @ClownIsUnderrated said:

    I know he's in desperate needs for buffs, but honestly even if he gets buffed I don't expect him to be any better compared to other killers on the roster. He needs a full on rework in my personal opinion

    I agree with a full rework cause tbh, nothing could buff him properly

  • @tippy2k2 said:

    Pretty much

    His knives are wildly inconsistent, especially on console (I have heard they're better on PC but "better" is relative). Unless the survivor has run themselves into the deadest of dead zones and you're so on top of them that legally you might now owe them breakfast, using the knives takes far far far too long to get a hit with and it's easier to just smack them with his knock off light saber.

    I was kind of hoping there might be some trick to him or something that I'm just not doing right but if there is some kind of secret to using him, I have no idea what it is or even a hint to it...

    I've had a few games where the survivor would flinch to getting hit by the knife but wouldn't get lacerated, it hurts

  • @Hoodied said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2084008#Comment_2084008

    I agree with a full rework cause tbh, nothing could buff him properly

    Having knives not decay would be a good start. What a stupid concept, like who decided knives wounds should just heal themselves? In what aspect does that fit the lore of the entity?

  • @Hoodied said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2084008#Comment_2084008

    I agree with a full rework cause tbh, nothing could buff him properly

    He needs a rework of something that makes his power feel "tricky", throwing knives and spamming them doesn't make him feel like he's tricking you. I'd have to do a whole lot of brainstorming to figure out a rework for Trickster that would actually make him good, atm don't really have a clue of what kind of new power I would give him.

  • @Hoodied said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2084008#Comment_2084008

    I agree with a full rework cause tbh, nothing could buff him properly

    Huntress does everything in his kit more efficiently. Getting kinda demotivated with these rehashed ideas.....

  • @ClownIsUnderrated said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2084011#Comment_2084011

    He needs a rework of something that makes his power feel "tricky", throwing knives and spamming them doesn't make him feel like he's tricking you. I'd have to do a whole lot of brainstorming to figure out a rework for Trickster that would actually make him good, atm don't really have a clue of what kind of new power I would give him.

    To be honest though, you're thinking of the wrong kind of trick. If you think about Trickster in the light of Yo yo tricks, skateboard tricks, and so forth, his name actually does fit what he is. Not all tricks involve deception. I'll admit I didn't immediately see that connection either, but it is there.