How to make Killer less stressful yet still challenging (another brain dump)
So I around 2600 hours on this game and I can definitely say that playing killer is much more of a challenge than survivor. While this is fine, as you are 1 person against 4 people, sometimes it can be pretty frustrating to people who don't play top tier killers like spirit, nurse, hag, freddy, and oni and pyramid on a decent map. In order to help brainstorm as to how we can relieve some of our weaker killers, I decided to gather a few ideas that I picked up, and you can take it how you want and even add to it.
- Reduce the size of certain maps while creating more distance between characters
- Create a fixed amount of pallets for each map in regard to how large each map is (a ratio)
- Induce map seeding, and reduce rng ( this is good for killer and survivor)
- Reduce gen speed (obvious one)
- Increase the regress rate after a killer kicks it, but make it to where a survivor finishes the regressed portion faster than the unregressed portion
- Tweak the mps of some killers in regards as to what their power is and how well you can use their power
Comments
Point #4 i'm definitely not a fan of, but point #5 i'm a huge fan of.
The last three doesn't seem like a good change but I wouldn't know unless its in-game
remove gen tapping because survivors can stop gen regression by 1/60th of a frame when gen tapping it's OP
buff gen kicking because slowing regression without a perk is a joke
i wouldn't remove it IMO but good point
At least make gen tapping require like 5 seconds worth to stop regression.
instead of 1/60th of an animation frame.
I've seen survivors tap a generator while in mid chase but they tap it so fast they don't even go into repair animation.
Gen regression is as slow as it is now I have to deal with this broken crap?
Honestly the thing I'd do to gen speed is just give survivors another objective, as in the idea that everyone has made where survivors need to find certain parts to a generator in order to work on them. The early game would be more flexible for killers who can't pressure for jack like Michael, and it gives survivors actually something else to do. Because honestly my survivor games are easy as hell, and I play solo queue as well and don't really have much trouble.
i still am a fan of keys getting nerfed, and the "main" loop as there still is some less strong........i have to abandon chases many times due to such
Man.. reducing RNG is one of those things that's just a non-starter and one of those things that makes this game have the character it does. I feel like we've already ripped too much of this games brutal guts out already with some of the changes we've seen.
Now, if you want to set up a tournament mode that locks the map configuration and spawn for both teams round after round - then that's something you can discuss as that's a fair thing to ask for in that setting