Tips against good Blight players?

I honestly thought I had it down, but I went against a good blight player twice in a row and I was having more trouble than I would have thought. Kinda silly since I am always giving out tips to go against any killer lol.

So I know I should be running behind objects whenever I can, but the Blight just slams really quickly to the point where I can't catch up. I think it is because I just don't ever go against any Blight players, good ones I mean.

Sooo any tips?

Comments

  • If your going behind a wall make it look like your going one and go another to counter jflick (one among many ive found) and you mostly just try to quickly react and fake out so they mess up movements and lose you

  • Best thing you can do is either watch good Blight players or play Blight yourself and see what does and doesn't work against him.

    Like most other killers it requires you to be very aware of the tiles that are safe and unsafe against him. Round loops and medium rocks, loops with narrow paths and lots of detritus are good against him.

    A Blight player is ALWAYS looking at where you are running to see what he can bounce on to catch you. You should do the same so you can predict his possible routing. Always think "If I were Blight looking at myself running in this direction, where would I bounce". Good Blight players think of at least 2 options depending on the survivor's routing.

    On jungle gyms without long walls**, it is SUPER predictable that a survivor will take the window. You can use your rush to bounce on the wall behind the window and catch them. Your best option as a survivor is to bait that window OR take it early enough that you can go around the wall before Blight can line up for a rush. If you bait the window too early he can rush into the jungle gym and get you before you reach the pallet.

    Blight can turn 90 degrees when doing an attack (and I hope he stays that way or else im uninstalling this game). Dont think a simple box is going to prevent him from hitting you. Don't hide behind the box on the window side of shack or behind the door frame on shack. Blight can catch you there.

    You best defense against him are medium round objects. Yamaoka maps are full of rocks that are too big to curve around, but small enough that if you try to rush towards something and then back, the survivor will be able to go to the other side of the rock.

    Sometimes if you get right up on Blight's face when he slams on something to try and rush at you, it is very hard to keep track of you. It's a desperate measure but it can cause a Blight player to miss a hit.

    Use Dead Hard. When Blight is coming behind you, turn around and Dead Hard AT the Blight. It can sometimes be confused for the survivor trying to spin you, so your instinct is to hit to counter the spin, which means you miss because of the Dead Hard. Doesn't work 100% if you're going against a Blight player that is very aware of Dead Hard, but it may delay his hit or make it more difficult.


    Jungle Gym.PNG

    **This is the Jungle Gym I'm talking btw. Window is Blue, pallet is Black. If you bait them, survivors ALWAYS take the window. I've only ever had ONE survivor actually bait that window against me...and I've played SO much Blight...

  • Against a good Blight, play junk tiles. That's the counterplay. You should also try to run maze tiles as unpredictably as possible, Especially using sharp turns and cornering up and even using lockers.

    Against an exploiting Blight, same as Spirit or Nurse. Hold W, wildly guess, use LoS blockers. No hard counterplay, no tells or hints, you just have to guess and guess and keep winning that coin toss.