My Perk Discussion: Risks of Life (Survivor)
Please; lets discuss about this perk I made. (yes the icon is made by me lol)
Please; lets discuss about this perk I made. (yes the icon is made by me lol)
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
I have just realized that one of the things that happens once activated should have said "Your aura is shown to the killer for the first 10 seconds after this perk has activated" Please excuse my mistake!
Why do survivors need to be rewarded for simply playing the game? I thought the reward for playing the game is escaping and getting bloodpoints? Gen speeds are already fast enough, no need to make them any faster, and what happens if multiple people run the perk at the same time?
Err, when did I ever say that the generators speed increases? I said survivor running speeds increase. Anyways, when multiple people run the perk at the same time it will pick a random obsession that has the perk and the obsession gets to keep the perk activated (once activated) while others don't. Also it is good to have a little incentive for survivors and their teammates. If you don't want the risks/rewards just dont equip the perk.
Just for the 18% speed increase I would say that even if my aura is permanently shown to the killer (after activation) and I can be mori'd after that I would be using it and abusing it.
Devour Hope is the only real comparison for a Perk (Mettle of Man has comparable activation conditions but has a more minor, even if potentially gamewinning benefit), and Devour has weaknesses like RNG totem placement allowing it to be destroyed, forcing Killers to avoid hook defense or camping, and requiring Killers to be nearly 1/2 (more likely much further, thanks to the map pressure they likely have) of the way towards winning the game already. While Devour can win games, many games Devour wins could've been won via aggressive map pressure Devour disencourages, or even just playing the game to its natural conclusion instead of Devour cutting it short.
This meanwhile requires 4 protection hits and an unhook. A somewhat difficult scenario, but not really one a Killer can stop and it's not directly linked to Survivor's win conditions. If anything, it's linked to their loss conditions, because it's all about Survivors taking damage, getting hooked, ecetera. What the perk holder gets as a reward is... All of their allies becoming essentially invincible.
And the Killer counterplay is just to tunnel, which is going to mean at least one side is going to stop having fun. It essentially removes all choice and strategy on the Killer's part and utterly forces them to tunnel, and the Survivor could easily end up resorting to something like becoming permanently immersed in lockers if the Killer fails to find them after the aura reveal expires. As a result, I really think this Perk would end up causing really unhealthy play.
I'm also making that judgment based on the assumption that all the buffs to Survivors expire once the perk holder is killed- That's an assumption on my part, the Perk description as written implies that the buffs are truly permanent, but I don't think that's what you intended. (I'm also discounting the possibility of STACKING the Perk, which it doesn't forbid but I also assume is an unintended oversight)
So sorry, no, I don't enjoy this Perk design. I can understand the appeal in a "plz tunnel me" Perk, but this is definitely the wrong way to go about it IMO.
Thanks, with nerfs and reworks do you think it'd be a decent/acceptable perk?
with some rework it could work out well, love the icon btw
i say the speed increase only affects survivors you took a hit for and make it like blood pact speed so not that much, and dosent stack with other people running the perk
also the aura reading on generators totems and exit gates, should be very small (mostly totems everything else could have about the range you suggested) so its not to powerfull
everything else feels fine
make it like a devour hope, so the more safe unhooks you get the more things you unlock, like auras first, then speed ect ect
It's a hard question, because I feel so much would need to be uprooted, that it'd be a very different Perk once it was finished. I'll just bulletpoint what I would change:
And, while this is a very different Perk design that incorporates very little of the original, this is what I'd make it into personally:
Risk of Life activates whenever you take a Protection Hit for another Survivor. It deactivates after either 60 seconds have passed, or if the Killer damages you in any way. Whenever you take a Protection Hit for a Survivor, they gain the injury's speed boost instead of you.
While Risk of Life is active, all Survivors in the Trial can see Generators, Totems, and Exit Gates within 12/18/24 meters of them, and the Survivor for whom you took a Protection Hit will not leave Scratch Marks.