Still haven't fixed dying on hook bug

Still keep dying after 10 - 20 seconds of struggle phase despite pressing X at a good speed. Its fobbing off the survivors in my trial and I'm powerless to stop it. Am I supposed to take the disc out and break it because it's a broken product atm.

Comments

  • @SMitchell8 said:

    Still keep dying after 10 - 20 seconds of struggle phase despite pressing X at a good speed. Its fobbing off the survivors in my trial and I'm powerless to stop it. Am I supposed to take the disc out and break it because it's a broken product atm.

    Wait a minute... you have the game on disc?

  • Console players have a disc. Not everyone goes digital.

  • @Reinami said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2082518#Comment_2082518

    Console players have a disc. Not everyone goes digital.

    Not all console players, they go digital too

  • It's happened to me a few times as well. Once right in front of a Jake about to save me... I felt so bad, it looked like I intentionally killed myself right in front of him after he ran across the map to save me

  • Brought it for 20 quid from Argos. Included the Huntress DLC so quite a few years ago. What a great 20 quid spent too.

  • @JesseJH28 said:

    It's happened to me a few times as well. Once right in front of a Jake about to save me... I felt so bad, it looked like I intentionally killed myself right in front of him after he ran across the map to save me

    Never had a problem on PS4. Since I switched to PS4 pro, it happens every game. I'm effectively playing with 2 / 2.5 lives. I need saving within 10-15 seconds of struggle phase.

    My game runs lovely apart from that.

  • @JesseJH28 said:

    It's happened to me a few times as well. Once right in front of a Jake about to save me... I felt so bad, it looked like I intentionally killed myself right in front of him after he ran across the map to save me

    Same has happened to me twice in the last few days. Went out of my way to mount a rescue only for the person to die right as I got to them as if I stepped on an invisible kill trigger.

  • @miketheratguy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2082592#Comment_2082592

    Same has happened to me twice in the last few days. Went out of my way to mount a rescue only for the person to die right as I got to them as if I stepped on an invisible kill trigger.

    Perhaps the survivor stops pressing the struggle button in anticipation of the rescue? I kept doing this when I started playing. Stopped struggling to early.

  • @PhantomChimera said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2083632#Comment_2083632

    Perhaps the survivor stops pressing the struggle button in anticipation of the rescue? I kept doing this when I started playing. Stopped struggling to early.

    Hard to say. I popped onto the DBD reddit forum for a few minutes yesterday and was utterly flabbergasted by the sheer number of people orgasmically praising the upcoming patch that will switch hook struggling from "carpal-tunnel inducing button mashing" to yet another tiresome skill check system.

    I didn't understand, and I honestly still don't. I'm new, and went into this game pretty much blind, so when I went for hook struggles I assumed that I had to jam the button (I play on PC but prefer using a game controller, I simply spent nearly 30 years playing console games and prefer that style of control) to survive. After what seemed like a few unearned early deaths I realized that maybe I was going too crazy on the controller. It took a single game to realize "oh, I don't need to beat this thing like the drum in a speed metal band, I just need to keep a steady rhythm that's not even especially fast".

    But everyone on that reddit is collapsing to their knees worshiping the devs for "FINALLY" instituting what is, I guess, one of the most requested changes since the game's existence? I can't help but think that I am completely missing something.