Babysitter: the most misunderstood survivor perk in the entire game.

“Why would you use Babysitter instead of BT?!”

You don’t. Or just use both.

Babysitter is NOT meant to be a substitute for BT. Babysitter’s help as an anti camping tool is MEANT to be marginal.

Babysitter serves 2 unique purposes that other perks cannot do.

1). It tells YOU, the rescuer, if it’s is safe enough to heal at the hook or not. If you do not see the killer immediately returning to the hook, try to heal at the hook for the sake of time efficiency.

2). Babysitter is meant to help counter the type of killer behaviour whereby the killer doesn’t actively camp the hook, BUT always returns to a hook immediately when a rescue occurs. You are meant to be a distraction that takes aggro AWAY from the rescued survivor so they have a chance to disappear. Even if the killer ignores you, the only scratch marks they will see around the hook are yours.

“But I could just wait till I hear the TR, and then rescue them to give them BT”

It is better to give a teammate a higher probability of disappearing before the killer gets close enough, rather than wait till the killer is close enough for a BT activation. BT doesn’t necessarily stop tunnelling, it simply buys a camped survivor more time. If a killer hits an unhooked survivor with Endurance, but still decides in persisting to tunnel them, there’s nothing stopping them. So if the choice is between helping a teammate disappear entirely, or take an additional hit yet still be hassled, Babysitter is 100% the better choice against a killer NOT camping, but rushes back to the hook almost all the time.

To be 100% CLEAR I want to state that I’m not saying Babysitter is better than BT. I’m saying they serve drastically different purposes. As anti camping measure, BT shines best. For the two intended purposes of Babysitter i’ve posted here, BT cannot provide help with these 2 aspects.

Comments

  • @TheClownIsKing said:

    “Why would you use Babysitter instead of BT?!”

    You don’t. Or just use both.

    Babysitter is NOT meant to be a substitute for BT. Babysitter’s help as an anti camping tool is MEANT to be marginal.

    Babysitter serves 2 unique purposes that other perks cannot do.

    1). It tells YOU, the rescuer, if it’s is safe enough to heal at the hook or not. If you do not see the killer immediately returning to the hook, try to heal at the hook for the sake of time efficiency.

    2). Babysitter is meant to help counter the type of killer behaviour whereby the killer doesn’t actively camp the hook, BUT always returns to a hook immediately when a rescue occurs. You are meant to be a distraction that takes aggro AWAY from the rescued survivor so they have a chance to disappear. Even if the killer ignores you, the only scratch marks they will see around the hook are yours.

    “But I could just wait till I hear the TR, and then rescue them to give them BT”

    It is better to give a teammate a higher probability of disappearing before the killer gets close enough, rather than wait till the killer is close enough for a BT activation. BT doesn’t necessarily stop tunnelling, it simply buys a camped survivor more time. If a killer hits an unhooked survivor with Endurance, but still decides in persisting to tunnel them, there’s nothing stopping them. So if the choice is between helping a teammate disappear entirely, or take an additional hit yet still be hassled, Babysitter is 100% the better choice against a killer NOT camping, but rushes back to the hook almost all the time.

    To be 100% CLEAR I want to state that I’m not saying Babysitter is better than BT. I’m saying they serve drastically different purposes. As anti camping measure, BT shines best. For the two intended purposes of Babysitter i’ve posted here, BT cannot provide help with these 2 aspects.

    Its like survivors have options to help someone being camped but they just never bring them and then complain that they have no options.

  • @Hektic3000 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/240343/babysitter-the-most-misunderstood-survivor-perk-in-the-entire-game

    Its like survivors have options to help someone being camped but they just never bring them and then complain that they have no options.

    Yes, because as we all know perk variety is boring. Everyone should have the exact same builds.

  • @Hektic3000 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/240343/babysitter-the-most-misunderstood-survivor-perk-in-the-entire-game

    Its like survivors have options to help someone being camped but they just never bring them and then complain that they have no options.

    I’m guessing you didn’t read because I made it clear that Babysitter is not an anti camp perk. That’s not what it’s for.

  • @TheClownIsKing said:

    “Why would you use Babysitter instead of BT?!”

    You don’t. Or just use both.

    Babysitter is NOT meant to be a substitute for BT. Babysitter’s help as an anti camping tool is MEANT to be marginal.

    Babysitter serves 2 unique purposes that other perks cannot do.

    1). It tells YOU, the rescuer, if it’s is safe enough to heal at the hook or not. If you do not see the killer immediately returning to the hook, try to heal at the hook for the sake of time efficiency.

    2). Babysitter is meant to help counter the type of killer behaviour whereby the killer doesn’t actively camp the hook, BUT always returns to a hook immediately when a rescue occurs. You are meant to be a distraction that takes aggro AWAY from the rescued survivor so they have a chance to disappear. Even if the killer ignores you, the only scratch marks they will see around the hook are yours.

    “But I could just wait till I hear the TR, and then rescue them to give them BT”

    It is better to give a teammate a higher probability of disappearing before the killer gets close enough, rather than wait till the killer is close enough for a BT activation. BT doesn’t necessarily stop tunnelling, it simply buys a camped survivor more time. If a killer hits an unhooked survivor with Endurance, but still decides in persisting to tunnel them, there’s nothing stopping them. So if the choice is between helping a teammate disappear entirely, or take an additional hit yet still be hassled, Babysitter is 100% the better choice against a killer NOT camping, but rushes back to the hook almost all the time.

    To be 100% CLEAR I want to state that I’m not saying Babysitter is better than BT. I’m saying they serve drastically different purposes. As anti camping measure, BT shines best. For the two intended purposes of Babysitter i’ve posted here, BT cannot provide help with these 2 aspects.

    Break down dose this better 6s of aura reading run if he's coming back hook is broken for 180s so if it's like a bubba he has to go to a new hook now

    especially effective in the middle of a 3 gen honestly break down found be very good maybe metta if it also broke the hook for 60s when you save someone

  • I don’t understand why Babysitter can not be viewed both ways and have separate builds to compliment both ideas...

    be it a tool you use near the killer or not.

    I mean, your perspective is great, just don’t see how it is Marginal to use it as a discount BT or work it with BT.

    Not every killer leaves hook, and not every killer will have a terror radius at the time of unhook, so...it can still be beneficial, or sometimes stronger to use Babysitter just like you would BT.

    Just suggesting maybe you misunderstood Babysitter potential in both scenarios. I still think it can be useful even if Killers don’t leave hook and it still works fine.

  • @Baby_Victor said:

    I don’t understand why Babysitter can not be viewed both ways and have separate builds to compliment both ideas...

    be it a tool you use near the killer or not.

    I mean, your perspective is great, just don’t see how it is Marginal to use it as a discount BT or work it with BT.

    Not every killer leaves hook, and not every killer will have a terror radius at the time of unhook, so...it can still be beneficial, or sometimes stronger to use Babysitter just like you would BT.

    Just suggesting maybe you misunderstood Babysitter potential in both scenarios. I still think it can be useful even if Killers don’t leave hook and it still works fine.

    The problem with this viewpoint is that, Survivors can only run 4 perks. Even if Babysitter is "okay", nobody will run this over BT because of how it's better to give a health state than to run a perk that isn't very good at its job anyways. Not to mention that this becomes useless in the instance of a hook rescue out in the open with no LOS blockers, plus the amount of time marks and blood are concealed isn't that much to get away. Perks with very specific circumstances with the addition of not being very good at it tend to be trash. All of Steve's perks are like this, sadly, Second Wind is the best out of the three teachables and it's too infrequent to spend a perk slot on. Only triggers 3 times per game and requires someone be healed before use. Sloppy Butcher and tunneling someone prevents this from being activated.

    The other perks like BT and Dead Hard are very meta and they aren't focusing on buffing other Survivor perks to more considerable levels of power. Steve's perks need massive buffs for the mediocre circumstances they are used, they are easily some of the worst teachables in the game next to Ace with the "luck" mechanic. ("Sole Survivor" from Laurie is the worst of the teachables though. A VERY situational effect in exchange for basically losing the game. Not good at all.)

    And it makes me quite sad, seeing all of these mediocre or straight up bad perks in this game. I really wish that they buff all of these perks someday, I'm sick of seeing the same 5 to 6 meta perks every game. I'd love to see insane builds or true perk diversity.