If sbmm works should emblem system go

The emblem system seems like a good idea but it dosent work good

Edit it works ok for survivor but not killer so unless there a good suggestion I guess it would stay same for them

I personally feel like it should be based on hooks 7-6 being a saftie pip 9 being a pip and 12 being a double pip. At rank 1 lowering the requirement with lower rank

(Notice how I say hooks not stages passed)

Comments

  • I would say yes.

    It isn't an accurate portrayal of a survivors/killers skill. This morning went up against supposed rank 4 survivor who didn't see the player until a couple of generators were done by the other survivors. Found the player hiding out and hooked them. They had not done anything from what I could tell. They were pretty quick to rage quit at the point.

  • Yes.We have no use of the emblems if we have SBMM.

  • @PhantomChimera said:

    I would say yes. It isn't an accurate

    Please explain

  • They could go, but aren’t they gonna be using it for the monthly rank rewards?

  • @Mugombo said:

    They could go, but aren’t they gonna be using it for the monthly rank rewards?

    Ah I see. They were going to use your rank at the end of the month to to determine your reward so this still works

  • @onemind said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2080500#Comment_2080500

    Ah I see. They were going to use your rank at the end of the month to to determine your reward so this still works

    I think that’s the case but don’t quote me on that

  • Sorry for some reason my whole comment didn't get entered. I edited it.

  • Emblems wouldn't have any use in determining MMR, but we're still keeping Ranks as a fluff system for gaining bonus bloodpoints each month, so there's no reason they'd have to remove them.

    They still serve as a rough guide for what tactics and actions serve as 'good play', and provides a metric by which to measure success. Otherwise how will you know how well you did? 'Ruthless Killer' or 'Entity Displeased' alone aren't really good enough to know what you did wrong.

  • @Seraphor said:

    Emblems wouldn't have any use in determining MMR, but we're still keeping Ranks as a fluff system for gaining bonus bloodpoints each month, so there's no reason they'd have to remove them.

    They still serve as a rough guide for what tactics and actions serve as 'good play', and provides a metric by which to measure success. Otherwise how will you know how well you did? 'Ruthless Killer' or 'Entity Displeased' alone aren't really good enough to know what you did wrong.

    This is why I went for hooks because killers like pluage and bubba get robbed from the emblem system just for using their power

  • Yes, the emblem system must go.

    Reject modernity. Embrace tradition:

    image.png


  • We kinda have to keep it because of the emblem challenges