I hope the Devs See this because....
Hello to anyone reading this. I want to state this isn't a salty or ridiculous post that you may find by some people but I think the ranking system needs a serious tuning. There should be a difference between a red rank that deserves to be there and a red rank that is there simply because they play the game a lot. It's honestly a shame that I find myself here hoping to find some sort of feedback but I'm having a crazy hard time fighting my way through killer games as a red rank. I'm not even a killer that NEEDS a 4k every game, I literally let people grab the hatch all the time because I had a fun game. I'm just getting fed up that I can't play as different killers since I'll play as one I'm not great with and by the time I get a hook they finished the gens. These survivors literally mess with me sometimes and I don't find it fun at all. I'm probably a solid purple rank but I'm sitting in red fighting these sweats that act like their literal lives are on the line. I just want to enjoy some dead again its truly sad. I'll repeat again I don't even care for a 4k, I do however think it is absolutely insane that I'll hook someone and 3-5 gens are already done no matter what perks, killer or setup I have. Sorry for the rant but I do love this game but I have a hard time actually having fun anymore. Also I'll mention how ridiculous these red ranks find hex's... like they literally spawn on them sometimes..... Hopefully this post didn't rub off the wrong way, I just would like to see some improvements since I do think it's a bit harsh right now.
Comments
SBM: Skill Based Matchmaking. This is the new system that DBD will be moving to and will alleviate many of the problems you cited.
Thank you, do you know when this will be put in place?
They recently did a 24 hour test of the SBM - so I think it is something we should see within the next few months. They may do another (longer) test to see if things are working correctly before implementing it full time.
There is no confirmed date.
Hopefully by the end of 2021 though.
I've had the game for two weeks and went from rank 20 to about rank 11 in that time. By then I was in matches with people who were occasionally as low as rank 7 or 6. I didn't like it at all. I don't think that I'm AWFUL but I know that I'm also not great, and it feels like the game went too fast from "getting my feet wet" to "playing against career loopers with photographic memory of the map layouts, encyclopedic knowledge of all perks, and maxed-out character builds".
Once in a great while (twice I think) someone chatted me the eye-rolling original taunt of "gg". I think to myself "yeah, that's what I'm TRYING to do you dumb #########". It's not the easiest thing when you jump into a five year-old game and get matched up with other people who have a thousand hours of playtime already under their belt.
Yea I understand the pain, it's going to get worse sadly.
Hopefully I'll be better by then, at least at the stupid looping crap that apparently makes up 90% of a survivor's ability to escape once seen.