Why can't killers counter hatch?
Like this makes no sense to me.
Killers absolutely cannot counter hatch.
No opening animation so survivors can just tap a button with their key and hop in.
I had a survivor at EGC just standing at hatch. I go near them they open it with the key and jump in. K gg I guess.
chasing a survivor who is heading to a closed hatch? Lol good luck they can open that hatch and jump in before you can down them twice or even once with noed.
How about on the defense and standing near hatch while a survivor is trying to open it? Welp they'll open it before you can hit them twice. gg I guess
Comments
This is an issue with keys, which will hopefully be reworked in this upcoming midchapter (I can dream anyway) and less with hatch.
I always see it more of a hatch issue as if it spawns before 5 gens are done and keys can open it in any way, it will always be a way to bypass the main objective.
The spawning rules is what should change, not the keys themselfs. Unfortunatley, devs most likely plan to change keys and keep the spawning rules as they are which won't help the biggest issue of bypassing gens. I dread of the changes they have in store.
Hatch is a stupid mechanic, IMO. I'd rather see it go away and just power the doors when one survivor is left alive.
But it's really not that big of a deal. It's not an every game problem
Keys are definitely the bigger issues. Having one survivor have a way out if their team brought them down that the killer can find and close isn't an issue. Having one survivor be able to bring 3 of their teammates out of the trial, bypassing a 3 gen and the endgame, because they had an item, needs to go.
IMO they should bring back the hatch having a 2 gen condition or any other condition. I get sometimes other survivors screw you over, but if weren't getting chased, rescuing or healing other survivors, doing a chest/totem/gen, then honestly hatch shouldn't spawn for you. At that point EGC should immediately start or you have to finish 1-2gens.
I have nothing againt 1 survivor getting out if he's the last person alive, that should stay.
I do have issue with opening the hatch and letting any amount of survivors escape (even 1 as ti offsets the pacing of the match) before all gens are done. The 3 gen is the most frustrating scenario as you mentioned.
As I've said many times, keys should stay the way they are and insted we should change hatch spawning rules so that it appears only once 5 gens are done (no more bypassing the main objective but you can bypass opening gates) or when there is only 1 survivor left alive (you even get higher chance to escape as killer can't pre-find the hatch and insta close it).
That would be the perfect solution to all the key issues in my opinion, unfortunately it means they won't do it.
hatch also needs an open animation like chests