I've included DS in my build thanks to the nerf
I know there are 4184 threads surrounding tunneling right now but it's really worse than ever. I like to experiment with builds and I almost always include my two favourite perks, Spine Chill and Borrowed Time. However, thanks to the INSANE amount of tunneling I've been exposed to lately, I've included DS. I'm getting more value out of DS now that killers think no one ever runs it. The point of my thread is: keep running DS, it's still a good perks. Killers need a reason NOT to tunnel and we need to do something.
PD: Literally all of the tunnelers are Tricksters except for one Bubba I faced, but that was more of a teammate induced tunnel (2 Blendettes doing nothing).
Comments
Agreed. I think people are overreacting thinking "DS is useless now" just because they can't use it for invincibility moves anymore. It still has loads of value as an anti-tunnel perk, especially if you jump in a locker mid-chase. I still run it with my Head On build with Inner Strength. I can rely on Head On for locker stuns initially, then when exhausted DS is there for good measure.
The only real nerf is the inability to unhook others, and it really only punishes in the Endgame. During the rest of the match, I personally don't have time to do gens or heal while getting tunneled.
I think the issue is that it's only situationally useful. Why run DS when you can run stronger perks that almost always see use. DS is much like Deliverance now in the sense that, they're both extremely powerful SOMETIMES, whereas in other games they don't do a damn thing. Before DS was almost always great if used correctly, now that it's been nerfed it's just situationally good. It's still great, sometimes. Other times, you'd be better off running literally anything else (Except maybe no mither, lol). That's not inherently bad but it's probably why there's a significant uptick in unpunished tunnelling. I think when people say DS is useless, they're technically both right and wrong. It can be useless at times, which makes it unattractive as a perk choice. There's a reason why people rarely use Deliverance.
All perks are only situationally useful.
Borrowed Time is only useful within the killers terror radius.
Unbreakable is only useful when slugged.
This is the case with all perks.
Why was DS so 'meta' that everyone ran it in every single build, and utilised it almost every game? Because it was too good, because it wasn't situational enough.
I have ran DS for awhile now. I also noticed a rise in tunneling tactics. But sometimes I would go all night and hit it once or twice.
No hyperbole, I think I hit it at least 10 times last night. And my wife ,who I SWF with, about the same.
I know one killer last night got hit 3 times in one game.
It is still a good perk. But the tunneling meta is real.
Do you run Unbreakable along with DS? I've been considering doing this lately as the only issue sometimes is that a killer will tunnel then leave me slugged to try and wait out the DS timer which isn't very fun lol
But yeah otherwise I agree with this post.