Should Survivors be able to see each other's perks?
Apologies in advance if this has been already discussed, since I'm not always up to date on discussions on here, but what do we think about making a Survivor's perks visible to other Survivors, like just off to the side of their icon if it wasn't too cluttery for the UI?
Or even like how We're Gonna Make It is shown to Survivors but for perks like Borrowed Time, so it's easier for players to coordinate like letting the Feng you're with get the save because you can see that she has BT and you don't.
I've *attempted* to illustrate what I mean, but I'm not an artist so apologies for my terrible drawing skills lol but please tell me what you think! I feel it could be very helpful, especially for solo queue players since it can be hard to know to go for a save if you're not sure if anybody else would be a better choice.
Screenshot_20210402-160400_Chrome.jpg
Comments
But what would happen to all the "fun" of having teammates throw a tantrum and sandbag you for cleansing a totem because they don't realize you're ALSO running Inner Strength?
Seriously though, not sure how I'd feel about this. The problem with showing them pre-game is that solos will grief and moan about everyone's perk choices to the point where lobbies would just become obnoxious. It'd be even more of a headache than ranks and character levels, which they already had to hide from Survivors to prevent constant dodging. Your idea of showing them mid-game might work, though most players would only recognize the more common perks. The system we have now is okay in that regard because it only shows up when the relevant perks are actually active. Balance-wise it's a significant change, but then again SWF can already have all that information anyway so it couldn't be that earth-shattering. One other argument against it is that for the majority of perks it really won't matter at all if they know you have them, and then there are some perks you don't want your teammates to realize you're running, like Left Behind.
I think its a good and a bad idea. I see no harm in survivors seeing each others perks but i can picture the community being picky. You see someone going for adept or no meta perks and some try hard lobby dodges.
The game was designed with the intention of playing by yourself with 3 other random survivors. Why on earth would this be a good idea?
I wouldn't like it. It's more fun to not know who you're up against, or what skills your teammates have.