I wholeheartedly believe the devs don't test on console or with a controller

With the killer ques no longer being 10+ minutes I tried playing the Trickster to see if I could improve & I genuinely can't aim with the recoil. I can handle the upwards recoil, but for the love of God why is there a side-to-side sway?? I thought "maybe it's my Xbox controller" so I played him on my switch & I still can't get accurate hits. My accuracy with huntress, plague, and deathslinger is perfectly fine & I'm still getting far hits with them, but on the Trickster his aiming difficulty is ramped up to 11. Genuinely disappointed I can't properly play a killer after hyping myself up for a month. I'm not having fun bcuz I'm stuck playing a 110% m1 killer if I actually want to injure someone.

Comments

  • It took a 23 Page thread about console FPS just so they could improve it. It’s pretty clear they don’t spend much time on console play testing

  • @Phasmamain said:

    It took a 23 Page thread about console FPS just so they could improve it. It’s pretty clear they don’t spend much time on console play testing

    They still fixed Onis flick on console though

  • That’s fair but they had to fix his flick on PC too so it probably just worked out better to do it on both

  • @Phasmamain said:

    It took a 23 Page thread about console FPS just so they could improve it. It’s pretty clear they don’t spend much time on console play testing

    And they still did pretty much nothing to actually improve console optimization.

    The only thing we got was a "We're looking into it" and a fix for FPS drops from opening chests

    After 2 years :)

  • @OniWantsYourMacaroni said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2068544#Comment_2068544

    And they still did pretty much nothing to actually improve console optimization.

    The only thing we got was a "We're looking into it" and a fix for FPS drops from opening chests

    After 2 years :)

    Yep

    Well tbf PC optimisation is also pretty bad

  • @OniWantsYourMacaroni said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2068544#Comment_2068544

    And they still did pretty much nothing to actually improve console optimization.

    The only thing we got was a "We're looking into it" and a fix for FPS drops from opening chests

    After 2 years :)

    Console: Here's this list of triggers for FPS drops on console for killers and survivors.

    BHVR: We fixed chests.

    Console: Cool... But we still have list of old triggers and now we have additional new triggers.

    BHVR: See if you notice changes after patches, we won't say what should perform better but if you see an improvement we did that... Or buy new console/pc...

  • @CornHub said:

    With the killer ques no longer being 10+ minutes I tried playing the Trickster to see if I could improve & I genuinely can't aim with the recoil. I can handle the upwards recoil, but for the love of God why is there a side-to-side sway?? I thought "maybe it's my Xbox controller" so I played him on my switch & I still can't get accurate hits. My accuracy with huntress, plague, and deathslinger is perfectly fine & I'm still getting far hits with them, but on the Trickster his aiming difficulty is ramped up to 11. Genuinely disappointed I can't properly play a killer after hyping myself up for a month. I'm not having fun bcuz I'm stuck playing a 110% m1 killer if I actually want to injure someone.

    During PTB I saw some pc players that tested it on controller say Trickster was not going to be good to play as on controller/console. Previous killers have had same issue where on M&K they're fine but on controller/console they are limited. They need a team that better understands console/controllers and put more time into console/controller. Right now it feels like they just make sure killer can do basic move/hit on console/controller, not if they can do it efficiently like they can on m&k.

  • Implying devs test.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    I just don't think they have anyone, tester, programmer, or otherwise that's played any recent FPS on a controller. Or someone who's gone out of their way to study what makes a modern FPS feel good.

    I feel that way as of recently. I understand they're all at home bcuz of Covid, but jeez do the controls for him feel bad. I don't even care that he's weak for a projectile killer I just want to play him.

  • Try Blight. He has a feedback on his camera while running and constantly forces you to look straight ahead. The problem with this is that you need to look down to bounce off low objects.

    You literally fight your controls to bounce off a fence or car.

  • Let me tell you, there's nothing more infuriating then chasing someone with blight, some stupid ######### stutter occurs while rushing, then my camera flips and I'm rushing backwards. Good thing console optimazation is coming soon, right?