My honest review of Trickster
If you don't want to read two paragraphs worth of words, skip to the end.
I'm going to preface by saying, Trickster is weak killer in need of many buffs. There was never any doubt about that. He needs to be 115% movement speed, The amount of blades needed to damage someone needs to be reduced, main event should work similar to Oni's power and ricochet should be base kit. Other than that, everything about him is top notch in both sound and design. Gameplay is where the problems lie. True to what I've read before, it's better to just smack survivors than use your power at all which is... hard to do considering he's 110% movement speed. Showstopper just takes too long to reliably damage survivors. You lose gens quickly and before you know it, the match is over and you leave the entity displeased.
Considering how much of a threat Trickster poses (which is almost none at all), I've found the most reliable strategy after a couple of games to secure kills is devour hope. I can easily get three stacks before the last gen pop and once I do, I start wrecking havoc. That's not to say all games have been successful. I've just found devour hope my best chance at getting any kills at all. I agree with just about everyone else when they say Trickster is weak and needs many buffs. Regardless, I still enjoyed killing survivors and watching the top notch Mori (when devour pays off). I don't play killer much but I will find myself coming back to him from time to time. I hope to see some changes to how he plays in the future.
Trickster is the embodiment of great concept, horrible execution. That's the review in a nutshell.
Comments
I agreed that Tricker needs a massive buff to make him more stronger and that’s cool that you got devour to work for him. I don’t usually use devour since everything time I use it, the totem would get destroyed. But maybe I need more practice with it but other then that I maybe once I level him up more maybe I will tried to use it on him, since I’ve been using some of him new perks like Star struck to name a few, sloppy burger and oppression and infectious fright.
No you would make him godly. That's too much.
I really do like him a lot. Throwing knives at survivors and seeing them wince in pain is fun, he's much more enjoyable to me than Huntress or Slinger.
But the enjoyment only goes so far when I feel powerless against any half decent survivor team and am lucky to even get a kill or two.
It's sad because as usual, the design, aesthetic and lore of the characters they make is top notch, they just seem to be absolutely horrible at balancing them and taking suggestions on how to do so.
Even if he got all these changes, he would still be flatout be worse the Plague.
It's sad.