BBQ improves killer's camping and tunneling, not just stops them from doing it

If the killer hooks a survivor and doesn't see any survivor auras, they assume it's unlikely that the other 3 are hiding in lockers and they know to camp the hook.

After an unhook, if the killer chases and downs the savior, they can use the BBQ aura to find the injured (recently unhooked) survivor, and better tunnel them out of the game (ping-pong-ing between two survivors to avoid DS).

----

BBQ & Chili should reveal survivors' locations instead of showing auras.

  • This doesn't tell the killer which survivor is the recently-unhooked one, so that they can't then proceed to tunnel them out efficiently
  • This doesn't let survivors just hide in lockers the whole match at every hooking event to avoid the killer completely
  • This doesn't feed the killer way too much info about what each survivor is doing (cleansing, healing, repairing, climbing in/out of a locker, looting the basement chest)
  • This doesn't let mobile killers like Hillbilly and Oni home-in on distant moving targets
  • This better balances the perk
  • This promotes the survivor-killer interactions the devs aim to see more of by weakining locker stealth
  • The survivors can still juke the killer, and have a better chance to do so because their direction cannot be interpreted on the fly

Please stop giving the killer free wallhacks that only tells them when to camp and whom to tunnel.

Comments

  • The thing is that if no auras are revealed then it's not really bad to camp since if you step away from the hook the survivors will get the save faster than you can say "Trickster". And if survivors are far away from the hook to get revealed by BBQ, they aren't being tunneled.

  • @DoritoHead said:

    The thing is that if no auras are revealed then it's not really bad to camp since if you step away from the hook the survivors will get the save faster than you can say "Trickster". And if survivors are far away from the hook to get revealed by BBQ, they aren't being tunneled.

    "far away from the hook" is different for each killer

  • ... but, they seemed to add the locker stealth thing mostly to counter BBQ. When they made it so that lockers blocked auras, that was a huge nerf to BBQ while not really affecting much else. Few killers run Bitter Murmur, and otherwise in terms of auras I think that just leaves killer add-ons, because most aura reads are proc'd by specific things like a healing action or being in the dying state or hanging out in the exit gate.

    As killer, I've never liked the change to lockers, it's only meant that I very rarely see auras with BBQ. I love it when I see auras, I do, but I sure as hell can't count on it.

    As survivor, the locker change was great: if I put in an ounce of effort then the killer never finds me with BBQ.

    BBQ would be a better perk if lockers didn't hide auras. However, I hate the "show survivor location" thing. 19 times out of 20 I cannot locate a survivor using that stupid bubble. It's at best useless and at worst wastes a bunch of my time as I search the area for someone who hasn't been there since the millisecond that thing proc'd. (Okay, the 19 times out of 20 thing might be hyperbole. Maybe. It's hard to say, I stay away from bubble notification perks because I really do find them awful. Bitter Murmur > Rancor unless I have a mori daily ritual to do.)

    The one thing I do know for sure is that it's kinda silly to see BBQ repeatedly referred to as a free wall hack on these forums. It's a 4-second aura read from 40+ meters away that only happens immediately upon hooking someone. The only free wall hack I get as killer is when some survivor runs OoO against my forever-tier-1 Mikey. That's a free wall hack - I get to see them most of the match and it cost me nothing and them a perk slot - and it's amusing as hell.

  • @Nos37 said:

    If the killer hooks a survivor and doesn't see any survivor auras, they assume it's unlikely that the other 3 are hiding in lockers and they know to camp the hook.

    After an unhook, if the killer chases and downs the savior, they can use the BBQ aura to find the injured (recently unhooked) survivor, and better tunnel them out of the game (ping-pong-ing between two survivors to avoid DS).

    ----

    BBQ & Chili should reveal survivors' locations instead of showing auras.

    • This doesn't tell the killer which survivor is the recently-unhooked one, so that they can't then proceed to tunnel them out efficiently
    • This doesn't let survivors just hide in lockers the whole match at every hooking event to avoid the killer completely
    • This doesn't feed the killer way too much info about what each survivor is doing (cleansing, healing, repairing, climbing in/out of a locker, looting the basement chest)
    • This doesn't let mobile killers like Hillbilly and Oni home-in on distant moving targets
    • This better balances the perk
    • This promotes the survivor-killer interactions the devs aim to see more of by weakining locker stealth
    • The survivors can still juke the killer, and have a better chance to do so because their direction cannot be interpreted on the fly

    Please stop giving the killer free wallhacks that only tells them when to camp and whom to tunnel.

    This is not always true. Seeing survivor auras have been very weird for the the past like 8 patches. Sometimes you can’t even see them on gens with it and sometimes you can see a survivor through a generator in general (meaning at any point in the game and not from using BBQ) Plus if the killer camps then slam the gens and it’s an easy win for you and depip for the killer