My hatch stand-offs usually ends in under 5 minutes.
But for the people who have 'astronomical problems' with the hatch, the only solution I have for this is :
1. Hatch shouldn't open if all gens are done. (Unless you have a key) 2. Remove the killer's ability to grab a surivor off the hatch. 3. The killer should get an extra point towards emblem for forcing the survivor out of a trial through the hatch.
Though I love #2 and its fun, it'll completely remove the hatch stand-off. No stand-off, no ego clashes. No greed either. Since due to #1, now the hatch will only open if the other survivors died. Win-win for both sides.
#2 is literally a free escape even if the survivor is injured and downed the weapon cleaning animation is more than enough to crawl and jump into the hatch
#2 is literally a free escape even if the survivor is injured and downed the weapon cleaning animation is more than enough to crawl and jump into the hatch
Maybe the entity can reward the killer with extra bloodpoints then for the free escape? The stand-off and the stand-off discussions will only resolve if its a win-win for both. Killers can still deny hatch to survivors by slugging. So I think it's fair.
Both sides cry too much about the "free escape" or "free kill" which the other side didn't earn. Honestly, they should just remove the hatch. Too bad it's baked into the lore so you really can't take it out without removing that portion of it. I either swing or jump in depending on which side of it I'm on obviously. Refuse to play that stupid waiting game, and I've managed to get a few escapes in there because the Killer wasn't expecting it immediately or they lunged instead of going for the grab.
The only real problem I have with the hatch is: Why the heck does it exist if the gates are open and other survivors are already out. You already have 2 escape routes, if you can't make either of them you don't deserve to escape.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
There is no hatch standoff. If you're a killer just walk away and let them escape. I know it's a stupid. But it isn't worth the time.
But for the people who have 'astronomical problems' with the hatch, the only solution I have for this is :
1. Hatch shouldn't open if all gens are done. (Unless you have a key)
2. Remove the killer's ability to grab a surivor off the hatch.
3. The killer should get an extra point towards emblem for forcing the survivor out of a trial through the hatch.
Though I love #2 and its fun, it'll completely remove the hatch stand-off. No stand-off, no ego clashes. No greed either. Since due to #1, now the hatch will only open if the other survivors died. Win-win for both sides.
Both sides cry too much about the "free escape" or "free kill" which the other side didn't earn. Honestly, they should just remove the hatch. Too bad it's baked into the lore so you really can't take it out without removing that portion of it. I either swing or jump in depending on which side of it I'm on obviously. Refuse to play that stupid waiting game, and I've managed to get a few escapes in there because the Killer wasn't expecting it immediately or they lunged instead of going for the grab.
The only real problem I have with the hatch is: Why the heck does it exist if the gates are open and other survivors are already out. You already have 2 escape routes, if you can't make either of them you don't deserve to escape.