Skill Checks on the PC Question
When I play Survivor and I press spacebar for the skill check, I notice there is a very small delay or lag from when I press the key to when it stops the meter. I'm new to DBD. Is this a normal thing? It's quite frustrating.
Comments
@Vietfox Thanks. I was curious because I have damn near top hardware from the computer, itself, to the mouse, keyboard, et cetera and I was like: Huh?
@Khalednazari What can cause framerate drop? Because I'm running a 1080Ti card here and lots of ram.
Part of it is the dev's fault too. Not only framerate
You absolutely need to disable VSYNC for the delay to be 1/2 of that with VSYNC enabled. A no-brainer for far easier skillchecks
@Snapshot I didn't check my VSYNC since in most my games nowadays, I found it disabled by default. I should check it next time I go into DBD, though. They might have it enabled.
@Khalednazari I'm really curious if the game optimization is worse than I thought, then. I double-checked the PS4 specs and they aren't bad. Certainly shouldn't give you guys even worse lag in skill checks than some PC people get, which seems to be exactly what other replies indicated happened on PS4.
I did do a bit of research on frame rate drops, and a game having poor optimization is a regular culprit. And that would explain the skill check delay across the three platforms, especially since, from what I see at the forums, the console version seems to be optimized even worse than the PC version.