"X side is the power role!!!"

"Hey guys, I strongly believe that X side is the power role in DBD! Why you ask? Because I only play one side and don't experience the other side so when I lose I get incredibly angry and go to the forums to get a circle jerk going to make myself feel better. Yeah also forgot to mention but I totally main that side and have 1000000000 hours in the game so I totally know what I'm talking about! Also X side is super duper toxic and after every single match I get called mean words and get doxed!"

Jokes aside, the sheer amount of killer/survivor mains that believe the other side is the power role and their role is actually the significantly weaker role is sad. Anyone who has played both sides and doesn't have a bias will tell you that DBD doesn't have a power role and the killer/survivor side isn't overpowered. The only power role DBD may have is a competitive SWF but those are extremely rare.

Inb4 "Your complaining about other people complaining which makes you just as bad as them!!11!1!!"

Inb4 "But X side is actually overpowered!!!!1111!!!! I have 100000 hours in the game and I think you have a bias!!11!"

Comments

  • I was gonna say, yeah if you are a super experienced, often competitive level SWF team- that's definitely a power role haha. The game isn't designed or balanced around those groups so there is not much to be done with that.

    Other than that yeah :P

  • If, in theory, there is a "power role", wouldn't that throw game balance off? I mean, the game's balance is already off because no one knows which side has the least fun; Killers or solo queue survivors.

    Also, wouldn't people want to play more of the "power role" anyway? Which side holds the most potential?

  • Id say up to top 1% its fairly even (but its a 4v1 game so the survivors obviously have an advantage) but once you hit the 1% threshold 90% of the killers become unviable because they just don't have the map pressure and/or antiloop to survive the highest level of play. So if you play spirit or nurse its a even playing field. Otherwise survivors kinda just take it. And i mostly play survivor rank 1 5k hours between Killer/Survivor.

  • It feels bad when you play survivor and you're the first one to face the killer within 5 seconds into the game.

    It feels bad when you play killer and you hear the first gen going off when you only started chasing a survivor within 5 seconds into the game.


    so, it feels bad whenever you play a certain role and don't excel in it.


    There's no special treatment in DBD. DS was nerfed for killers while Ruin was nerfed for survivors etc.

  • At the highest skill level, survivors are the powerrole.

    Other wise it CAN be balanced.

    For beginners are killers the powerrole.

    Both sides can be equally toxic, you just see more toxic survivors because its a 4vs1.

  • @Ruma said:

    At the highest skill level, survivors are the powerrole.

    Other wise it CAN be balanced.

    For beginners are killers the powerrole.

    Both sides can be equally toxic, you just see more toxic survivors because its a 4vs1.

    Yeah this is pretty much the current state!