When the key rework finally happens..

I'm not going into hypotheticals about how they would change them but let's say that they nerf keys to the point that they can't allow an entire team to cheese escape through the hatch and that they are just all around nerfed into the ground in that regard.

Killer mains, would you be okay with keys' current state as aura reading items? I personally can't wait for the eventual key rework because I want them to be knocked down to the point that killers don't HATE the mere sight of them anymore so that I can use them as an aura read item but would killers still dislike that aspect of them?

My personal wish is that broken key gets a unique model where it shows up in your hand as literally broken/just the hilt of the key that way killers know you're using a green key that's just strictly aura reading limited >< idk I think that as aura read items, keys are a neat idea they just happened to also enable the most premature game ending bs thanks to the hatch interaction lol

Comments

  • Fine by me. That's what I thought keys were meant to do in the first place to substitute for aura-reading perks.

  • Solo yeah, swf? no

  • Honestly when they do touch keys I just want it to where a survivor can't open the hatch after it's been close by the killer, closing the damn thing is pointless when the last survivor just randomly finds a key and can open it in front of your face.

  • no problem with key if one person escapes just when youre in a 4 man i kill 1 person and you give up on gens to find hatch and get a triple escape in my face... ######### gives me ptsd

  • @ukenicky said:

    I'm not going into hypotheticals about how they would change them but let's say that they nerf keys to the point that they can't allow an entire team to cheese escape through the hatch and that they are just all around nerfed into the ground in that regard.

    Killer mains, would you be okay with keys' current state as aura reading items? I personally can't wait for the eventual key rework because I want them to be knocked down to the point that killers don't HATE the mere sight of them anymore so that I can use them as an aura read item but would killers still dislike that aspect of them?

    My personal wish is that broken key gets a unique model where it shows up in your hand as literally broken/just the hilt of the key that way killers know you're using a green key that's just strictly aura reading limited >< idk I think that as aura read items, keys are a neat idea they just happened to also enable the most premature game ending bs thanks to the hatch interaction lol

    Keys should only open with a charge and lose charges over time when your hooked