DS is an absolute joke

I saw on another post that DS was about to get nerf.

When is this change coming because I'm seriously considering just uninstalling the game. This perk alone makes playing killer one of the most frustrating thing I've ever seen in a game.

The core of the talent (preventing the killer from killing you right after hook) is fine (prevents noobs killers from just grabbing you directly but instead they got to use their heads) but the 1 minute window is a complete joke. The killer can literally just stand there and wait (lose the game) or leave.

The window has to be reduce to like 15-20 secs, as of now it's complete nonsense.

Comments

  • @Kirkylad said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2045286#Comment_2045286

    The nerf is much needed but I doubt it's the ds nerf that's holding the update back, it's more likely bugs from the new chapter that they're trying to fix before release.

    A convenient excuse, I'm sure. Also, what happened to those surprise nerfs? Guess the devs really did go back on their word. Instaheal nerf gets announced, everyone and their mother is using them before they get nerfed. You couldn't find a match as killer without an instaheal being present. The same chance was not given to killers for the mori nerf. It was insta-nerfed with no chance to capitalize. And keys weren't nerfed along with moris. Now, they're doing it again. DS nerf gets announced weeks or months in advance, ensuring that everyone uses it to the fullest until the nerf comes. It's a double standard that killers never benefit from. You will see, when NOED or Iri hatchets get a nerf announcement, the changes will go live the day after.

  • @Ecstasy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2045224#Comment_2045224

    Okay you go after others: you hit the healthy rescuer and the speed boost takes them out the gates too, so they all escaped anyhow. Congrats?

    The part I'm taking offense with enough to keep replying isn't that you're not bothered by DS. I long ago stopped taking it personally & just accept it as a fact of life too. My own response is the same sarcastic nonchalance "oh that's what I get for tunneling" as most everyone else. The issue I'm raising is how you're promoting this fiction that it's ONLY because you're tunneling/camping when that's objectively not true, or you wouldn't ever need to slug in the first place (which sure as hell ain't fun for survivors either).

    Like I said I understand the certain times that DS is used when the survivor is not being tunneled.

    I'm slugging not because I'm worried about DS if they have it up or not it's to give me some time to get more hooks. Maybe it's not fun for them but I'm still allowing them to get picked up.

    We all play differently

    GG GL

  • @pikalover123 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2044517#Comment_2044517

    Well I'm sorry when you run to the gate that's not worked on and hold a the lever down, I'm just trying to hit you but the game thinks I'm close enough to pick u up and eat the DS

    Lunge at them and you won't grab them.

  • @pikalover123 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2045428#Comment_2045428

    That's the thing, I attempt that, but the game thinks I'm still close enough to grab, lol

    The games weird sometimes, you can try doing it from the side to be safe then that should work. But you never know with dbd lol.

  • @I_am_Negan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2045250#Comment_2045250

    Like I said I understand the certain times that DS is used when the survivor is not being tunneled.

    I'm slugging not because I'm worried about DS if they have it up or not it's to give me some time to get more hooks. Maybe it's not fun for them but I'm still allowing them to get picked up.

    We all play differently

    GG GL

    Ah I guess I misinterpreted the acknowledgement that DS is still something to be concerned/proactive about whether you're camping/tunneling or not. I ended up reading the emphasis on why you're slugging & on playing the game differently as a redirection to semantics (rather than just elaborating your own gameplay style) when that would basically wrap back around to the starting concern of people advocating that "just don't tunnel lol" stuff despite knowing all those "oh that's what I get for tunneling" situations.

    GGS

  • 1 Minute of sweet, sweet immunity, and that is why the nerf is coming.

  • @alecsharks said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2045060#Comment_2045060

    That's BS on literally all aspects, and I can tell you've played killer probably 5 times out of 100.

    I literally stream my killer games and I have over 2500 hours in just killer alone, but sure sweetheart.

1 2 ›