Buffing the 2 other addons for the Oni that I forgot about | Part 2 of 2

If you would like to see the other changes I made to the other weak addons that the Oni has, please read the other discussion where I buffed and changed most of the addons that were underwhelming. This post is just going to take care of the 2 I forgot about.

Why am I trying to fix the addons of a killer that is already good enough? Because there can always be good changes made to everything in this game. I also want to make the addons actually feel like they are as strong as their "very rare" statement says, so basically I will make the addons feel like they are actually as good as they sound. The point of addons of "Very rare" rarity is to make the killer significantly more powerful, I hope my suggested changes reflect that. (Take the addons that make your penalty for downing survivors in blood fury less, they are just outclassed by the duration addons)

Link to the original discussion - https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/232398/refining-the-oni-and-his-addons#latest

The two Changes:

Akito's crutch: Very rare addon

Considerably increases the movement speed while performing demon dash + Slightly reduces the time it takes to cancel demon dash by .25 seconds down from 1 second.

The Akito's crutch addon is decent but falls just a bit short of being an actual very rare addon. This little buff will give it just a little bit of a buff that is nice to have without being too strong. When you cancel the demon dash, survivors can use that one second to barely get somewhere safe. The .25 seconds will actually help in this situation and synergizes with the addon's original purpose (save time by being speedy). There are times when it is better to just cancel your demon dash to hit a survivor to avoid missing a swing (which is something I see way too many Oni players doing btw), and this will help with that. As I said, it is a small change, but useful.


Tear soaked tenugui: Very rare addon

"Considerably reduces the penalty for downing a survivor while in blood fury mode + Reduces the cooldown for hitting a survivor with a fully charged demon strike while in blood fury mode or in demon dash." *Assuming it is as long as a basic attack cooldown, the numbers should be reduced from 3 seconds to 2 seconds.

If anyone happens to know the exact cooldown of this, please tell me so I can actually be specific with these numbers.

The current tear-soaked tenugui's effect is meh at best, it is just completely outclassed by the duration addons. This buff would allow it to really help the Oni start mowing down survivors. It also synergizes with the Oni's snowballing potential and sets it apart from the duration addons. As for it being too strong, I don't think it is. I think it is just right and not overwhelming which is what very rare addons are supposed to do.

Let me know what you think.

Comments

  • That second add-on is already good enough and doesn't need a buff. Combine it with lion fang and you'll slug the entire team in 30 seconds. Even on its own and if you're not slugging it's good, the less blood fury you use the better if you're gonna cancel it after a down. I think the crutch is also fine, the speed increase is more than enough to warrant it being a purple imo because let's look at Oni as a whole:

    His power is already REALLY good and he doesn't add-ons at all to begin with. If you start making his add-ons more in line with other killer add-ons stats-wise (or giving them multiple strong effects) it'll be too much. It's why his add-ons aren't all that exciting and are there to instead compliment his power instead of massively buff it like other killers. And it's also why topknot is so good and needs a nerf, because it buffs his already strong power way too much.

  • @ALostPuppy said:

    That second add-on is already good enough and doesn't need a buff. Combine it with lion fang and you'll slug the entire team in 30 seconds. Even on its own and if you're not slugging it's good, the less blood fury you use the better if you're gonna cancel it after a down. I think the crutch is also fine, the speed increase is more than enough to warrant it being a purple imo because let's look at Oni as a whole:

    His power is already REALLY good and he doesn't add-ons at all to begin with. If you start making his add-ons more in line with other killer add-ons stats-wise (or giving them multiple strong effects) it'll be too much. It's why his add-ons aren't all that exciting and are there to instead compliment his power instead of massively buff it like other killers. And it's also why topknot is so good and needs a nerf, because it buffs his already strong power way too much.

    I disagree with that, the tear-soaked tenugui is currently a little underwhelming without the help of duration addons. It can be nice sure, but eh you can definitely manage without it for sure. However, the addons for Oni while they do compliment his power, should buff it in some way just like every other killer.

    His power is very strong but is very counterable if the survivors you are up against are good, so I don't think this change would push him over the edge of being too strong. Addons are supposed to really make killers shine and threatening.

    Slugging with his bloody fury mode is only made possible if the survivors within a certain range and if they are out of position, it is also not always the right decision to make when using blood fury.

    But with the topknot, I do agree with that being too strong for the rarity it's at.

  • @ALostPuppy said:

    That second add-on is already good enough and doesn't need a buff. Combine it with lion fang and you'll slug the entire team in 30 seconds. Even on its own and if you're not slugging it's good, the less blood fury you use the better if you're gonna cancel it after a down. I think the crutch is also fine, the speed increase is more than enough to warrant it being a purple imo because let's look at Oni as a whole:

    His power is already REALLY good and he doesn't add-ons at all to begin with. If you start making his add-ons more in line with other killer add-ons stats-wise (or giving them multiple strong effects) it'll be too much. It's why his add-ons aren't all that exciting and are there to instead compliment his power instead of massively buff it like other killers. And it's also why topknot is so good and needs a nerf, because it buffs his already strong power way too much.

    The second addon (Tear soaked tenugui) is just plain bad.

    It reduces the penalty for downing survivors in Blood Fury for just 4 seconds.

    Every single duration addon is better than this and you would need like 2+ downs in Blood Fury to beat them.

  • @OniWantsYourMacaroni said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2041302#Comment_2041302

    The second addon (Tear soaked tenugui) is just plain bad.

    It reduces the penalty for downing survivors in Blood Fury for just 4 seconds.

    Every single duration addon is better than this and you would need like 2+ downs in Blood Fury to beat them.

    I wouldn't just say it is straight-up bad, just meh.