Is this a bug?
UPDATE: So the issue is the devs can't spell... The challenge reads
Escape the trial while carrying an item with no charges 1 time(s) and using the perk Open-Handed.
But it Appears they mean:
Escape the trial while carrying a map with no charges 1 time(s) and using the perk Open-Handed
Though to be fair... It might work with a key to as @Bwsted pointed out, open handed is an aura reading perk... So this challenge is meant for aura reading items. Maybe specify that type of information next time BHVR...
---
So I am trying to 100% old rifts, because why not do something productive in this broken game... But right now I am working on
Escape the trial while carrying an item with no charges 1 time(s) and using the perk Open-Handed
I learned something interesting... If a killer DC's it doesn't count as "escaping" apparently... Now to be fair, I honestly wouldn't really care but when attempting to do this challenge all 3 killers have DC'ed... Like I've wasted a ######### hour of my life waiting in queues to get a match in which a killer ######### DC's and it doesn't even count towards my ######### challenge...
So not really apart of this issue... But why the ######### do survivors lose their addons if a killer DC's... It's not there fault the killer was a pussy.
Comments
I don't know about the losing addons thing, but I'm 99% sure I've had challenges completed before that required me to escape because the killer DC'd.
Well I can tell you this now... 4 DC's now and used the brown medkit every time... Still uncompleted... So either this challenge is either broken or DC's dont count...
Nope its totally a bug, finally got a game in which I escaped with both open handed and an item with 0 charges...
So do devs actually fix this or can I never 100% this rift now?
Damn is it that serious ๐ณ
A bug is a bug, and tomes are a form of progression, so a bug affecting progression is, in fact, serious.
So yes.
Its not a bug and I can't believe it's that serious to get that angry and swear all over the forums.
Damn. That sucks, you have my sympathies.
So it's NOT a bug if they complete the challenge but don't get rewarded for it?
In the screen cap, they escaped with Open Handed and no charges on their item, which is what the challenge demands. They did not get credit for completion. How is this not a bug?
Also, its a rift item that has lore behind... So it being bugged is actually more serious then not... If it was a rift item without the little note thing I would care slightly less... But its actually one of the few handful of important rift items to complete.
Lastly... I finally remembered they had a bug reporting section... Guess what this was reported twice with no response from the devs way back in August & September 2020...
So now I just created a new report and we're going to learn if the devs actually look at that ######### or if my account here will get banned.
It's wasted 2 hours of your life.....wow
So you can't complete 1 challenge in the rift right now. God help you when you get real issues in your life man if this is your response to something so minor.
I read it incorrectly but either way the response to it is ridiculous to get that angry over something so trivial.
Heavy condescension going on here. What do you expect someone to do when they find a bug that's stopping them from completing something, not come to the forum for that game to see if they can get a resolution? Is it the worst thing ever? Of course not, but the op isn't acting like it is either. He's found an issue stopping his progress, and would like it fixed. Why don't you?
There's nothing wrong with coming onto the forums and saying that you're having an issue and ask if it can be looked into. However kicking off and swearing and calling people pussies all because you can't finish 1 single challenge is way to over the top. It's a video game it should never be that serious.
They asked if it was a bug, were upset over the time spent dealing with the bug, and have reported it in the bug reporting section.
It's entirely normal for people to get flustered over issues, large or small. They also did the right thing and opened a thread in the bug report forum. OP did nothing wrong. Maybe a bit overly-passionate, but nothing wrong. Certainly not worth haranguing them for.
You're a very angry person and I hope you get help before it becomes a real problem in your life.
I hope you get help for your anger issues.
Okay, chill pills are probably on the menu now.
My grandfather uses more profanity while ordering breakfast than the OP has in this entire thread. Maybe quit seeing yourself as the morality police, we already have a profanity filter.
wow this forum really is 50% decent people and 50% rude and angry people. No wonder this community has such a bad name.
So you are choosing to stay off the threads topic... Got it.
So I'll try one last time... I am sorry you feelings were hurt by words not even directed at you...
Seeing how the challenge appears to be bugged, I'm now even more sure a killer disconnecting is supposed to give you credit for 'escape' challenges.
If you don't want people to comment them posting on an open forum isn't the place to air you anger. I just think that when people have serious issues getting that upset over a game is over the top. But continue being rude and angry and kicking off over the internet it makes you look great.
Since you get escaping points. I do also believe that you are supposed to get credit as escaping if the killer DC's.
Pretty sure that its just bugged. It sucks that I lost 2 hours and can't unlock lore content because of the bug... But as much ######### as I give the devs I hope they'll get around to fixing it. As it has lore content and it'll suck to never be able to unlock that content because the game is buggy as #########.
That one is bugged. The first time escaping through the gates with a depleted medkit I didn't get credited.
I repeated with a map and that worked.
That's Right, only those who agree with you and your unwritten rules for how posts should be made and how upset someone is allowed to be are decent people, the rest of us who believe in free expression and letting people feel the way they feel, we're just angry and rude.
I never said my feeling were hurt at any point whatsoever. I just don't understand why anyone would allow themselves to get that upset over a challenge in a video game.
Sweet, I'll try that now. Thank you.
You're certainly acting like it.
I'm commenting on what you have posted that isn't reportable. However your comments are.
Yeah, something about seeing condescending people trying to police the feelings of others always upsets me. Must be something to do with my constitution.
As a side note I suspect that the issue was that the medkit isn't an aura item, while the map is and, possibly, the challenge description is incomplete. After all, Open Handed works with auras. It's a very wild tin-foil guess, though.
You're getting hung up on swear words with has nothing to do with the posts point. therefor its offtopic.
Lastly your still the only one here who seems upset... Everyone else gets
Not a single other person is upset that I used swear words other then you... So maybe look inword?
That makes so much ######### sense. Thank you, trying it now.
If you say so but I'm not upset because I don't get emotional over video games.
If you say so.
######### WORKED MATE.... Thank you so much! It makes a lot of sense now that you state that, but it isn't want the challenge says to do...
let him be offended... Him being offended seems to really only be effecting him, so if he chooses to be offended by the forums replacing my swear words with [BAD WORD] then let him be offended at this point. No real winning is all I figured out.
No one was offended I simply asked if it was that serious and you went off like you did in the OP.
No didn't... Is reading hard for you... My response to that response was this
Lets put it this way... If it wasn't bugged and I didn't spend two freaking hours to just learn its bugged... Then naw... but now I spent two hours on this and its just another thing in BHVR spaghetti that just doesn't work...
Where did I go off in that reply?
EDIT: Just noticed I didn't even swear in that reply... unless freaking is swearing to you?
That's great news! ######### sweet!
I can read fine thanks, can you.
How is what I said "going off"? Please explain to me, how anything in this senstance (which is my reply to your initial statement.) going off?
Lets put it this way... If it wasn't bugged and I didn't spend two freaking hours to just learn its bugged... Then naw... but now I spent two hours on this and its just another thing in BHVR spaghetti that just doesn't work...
Its not even edited... so its not like you can say, well you changed it. I started going off to you after you started attacking me for using swear words. My initial reply to your comment was not rude, it was fairly understanding given my interactions with you so far.
You're the one who took it from there. not me.
I'm really glad it worked out for you in the end! Only thing that confuses me is that I have that challenge completed and I'm certain I didn't do it with a map (because I never use maps). Oh well. It's a mystery, haha.
Key maybe? It might just need to be an aura item.
At no point have I insulted you or been rude to you however the same can't be said for yourself.
I also don't use keys. I actually don't use items all that often, only when I have challenges, and even then I stick to medkits and flashlights. The important thing is it worked for you and now people who try it at least have a way of completing it.
Closed as OP asked.