Jailbreak Tome Challenge shows how weak Breakout is
Please buff Breakout; especially if it's used in future challenges.
There are too many hooks = a hook always nearby = Breakout never works
Please buff Breakout; especially if it's used in future challenges.
There are too many hooks = a hook always nearby = Breakout never works
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
I don't think Breakout should be buffed. Wiggling is almost entirely cosmetic, that much is true, but it should be really difficult to make wiggling free an option. Otherwise, killers would struggle even more.
Perhaps bring a toolbox, and sabotage the hook the killer is heading for. It might give the wriggler just enough time to make Breakout pay off.
Breakout is good where it's at. I got it done my first try by sabotaging a hook and body blocking the killer. If Breakout was buffed it would just cause killers to slug more.
The issue is killers will drop the survivors to prevent the breakout which is important because losing pressure as killer is a death sentence. Maybe if pressure wasn't so important we could see breakout be stronger but if it actually worked consistently dbd would be a much more frustrating game.
What pressure?
I have to be right there when the chased survivor goes down, meaning that only 2 survivors, at most, are working on gens.
Sabotage a hook? Sure, but there are too many hooks = another hook is just nearby anyway, and which one do I sabotage? The killer has 2 or 3 equidistant choices (I can see the hook auras with Saboteur)
instead of buffing break out they need to revisit hook spawns. i don't remember the specifics and i'm too lazy to go back and look but before they changed how sabo worked they did something with hook spawns to make sabo less oppressive. then they changed sabo and never reverted the hook changes, leaving the hooks to continue to spawn too close to each other.
I think that it's a complicated issue. If you allow it to stack, rip SWF killers. If you simply increase the percent buff, it'll remain useless in most cases but ridiculously OP in others.
That being said, I think that the percent increase should definitely be increased, as 16 to 13 seconds is a pretty measly number in most cases. I think that that number should be significantly increased within proximity of a hook, just to give it some situational use. Such an operation would require there to be significant distance and also altruistic survivors.