Red Forest rework when?
These maps are terrible, they're huge and all the gens are so spread out that high mobility Killers are the only ones that can actually defend the gens without sweating their ass off. Think this realm should be looked at before Coldwind honestly.
Comments
They're probably going to be reworked in the realm beyond updates. They just did Crotus Penn Asylum, so Red Forest is probably next.
My real question is, why are we complaining about Red Forest when Backwater Swamp exists?
Because Red Forest is way worse for certain Killers than Backwater Swamp ones so depending on who you play you will have more trouble with certain realms than with others.
As someone who plays Myers and Jigsaw almost exclusively I find Mother's Dwelling to be the hardest map of all by far, even worse than current The Game and Haddonfield, gens are way too spread out and its almost impossible to sneak up on Survivors except on the main building and the outer ring gyms.
Let's not forget that the tiles on Mother's Dwelling are all pretty safe as well.
Swamp maps have their issues, but most of the time rng spawns not much for survivors.
@ShamelessPigMain I'm not complaining, I'm asking. Just because you read an online post doesn't mean it's automatically a complaint. As mentioned, almost every tile on Red Forest is safe...pair that with super spread out gens and slower Killers have to play extremely sweaty to win.
Also on Swamp usually is SUPER easy to 3 gen or even 4 gen, is very rare for a Swamp map to not spawn with a cluster of 4 gens, in Grim Pantry you can get the 2 gen pier+shack+gen on the gym in the corner or 1pier, 1 outside of one side of shack one on the oposite side of shack, making it trivial to defend on Rose you can get pier+2 gens north and south of it+gen on shack or shack gen+corner gen+ boat gen. They are not easy maps but they can be much much easier than Red Forest ones except for high mobility Killers like Blight, Spirit or Hillbilly.
Well considered that we're calling out every single flaw on Red Forest I'd chalk this up to complaints.
Anyhow, the point still remains that no matter how bad Red Forest is, Swamp will always be worse. Fight me.
I think Haddonfield will be next. There have been some rumors about the licensed being renewed by BHVR. Also, Swamp is in a much more critical state IMHO. There are lots of fat-shaming spots and crazy object spawns there.
I think that they're prioritizing the maps that garner the most criticism, so we'll see. I personally prefer Haddonfield over Swamp or Forest, but that's just me I guess.
I just hope they don't make the blue tint the map has ugly as hell like they did to Autohaven
I just hope that Temple of Purgation gets the visual design it deserves.