Prove Thyself is in nearly every match lately

Title says it all, nearly every game I play has a Prove Thyself, which makes the awful gen speeds even worse. If you play on a larger map or are playing a low mobility killer, you're bound to lose more often than not.

It is extremely frustrating to finally catch a survivor, hit them, and then have a gen pop by the time you finally down them after they ran forward to waste time. Gen regression perks help, but often times the gen pops before I can get to it, and even then, I don't want to HAVE to run gen regression every game.


Has anyone else noticed to insane amounts of Prove Thyself's lately (toolboxes too), or am I just getting unlucky with my games?

Comments

  • I haven't noticed that many. When I do see them, though, it's usually with WGLF so I assume they're farming and oblige them.

  • @Johnny_Nutpunch1 said:

    After the D/s nerf in which is nerfing survivors into oblivion, they need all the help they can get to do gens, a killer can watch someone get unhooked then walk away and then the survivor thinks they are in the clear and heal and then get downed, prove thyself is going to be very important for swfs or people in general since DS is getting nerfed, that means either people are going to slam gens as fast as they can or killers will have easy games because of the DS nerf

    <laughs> Seriously? You created this account today just so you could complain again about DS? Don't you have a life? So much whine, can I offer you some cheese? How many of these accounts have you created now?

  • @Grimmy_Bluues said:

    Title says it all, nearly every game I play has a Prove Thyself, which makes the awful gen speeds even worse. If you play on a larger map or are playing a low mobility killer, you're bound to lose more often than not.

    It is extremely frustrating to finally catch a survivor, hit them, and then have a gen pop by the time you finally down them after they ran forward to waste time. Gen regression perks help, but often times the gen pops before I can get to it, and even then, I don't want to HAVE to run gen regression every game.

    Has anyone else noticed to insane amounts of Prove Thyself's lately (toolboxes too), or am I just getting unlucky with my games?

    Prove Thyself is a toolbox that never runs out. As a survivior, it's great, as a killer it SUCKS. It really needs a tweak. Like it activates only if you are standing by survivors but not actually working on the gen (your presence instill confidence). That way you have to decide to waste time boosting a stat or doing something else.

  • I like Proof Thyself, but it’s kind of funny how whenever I use it I always seem to spawn on the other side of the map from everybody else and have a hard time tracking anybody else down in order to get some use out of it. But when I don’t use it I spawn with at least two other people. Well, that’s how it feels anyways, lol.

  • Man how dare those survivors use a perk that makes their objective go faster. Nerf it now

  • It's a good filler perk.

    Sometimes I have a fun build Idea that only requires 3 perks and I just slap that badboi on it.

    Would you prefer me slapping DS in that build?

    It's not that much gen speed anyway...

  • Every killer match I would see that perk consistently about a month ago, thankfully not seeing it as much now.

  • And here I am..been saying that perk was broken a long time ago...hhh...seriously how does it take so long to sink in?

1 2 ›