Bloodlust always on when NOT in a chase.

Wouldn’t it make more sense to have bloodlust on when you are not chasing a survivor, to help you patrol gens and maybe even try to catch up to your escaped prey?

What if everytime a chase ends, bloodlust activates after 15 seconds, and remains active until you initiate another chase with a survivor?

I’m open to anyone’s thoughts because I’m sure there’s a flaw here that I’m not seeing. If anyone has a better idea feel free to give input. :)  


Comments

  • The flaw is that Bloodlust was created to shorten chases. It wasn't created to help Killers patrol the map. Another flaw is that Killers could abuse this to get hits on Survivors.

  • Wouldn’t it make more sense to have bloodlust on when you are not chasing a survivor, to help you patrol gens and maybe even try to catch up to your escaped prey?

    What if everytime a chase ends, bloodlust activates after 15 seconds, and remains active until you initiate another chase with a survivor?

    I’m open to anyone’s thoughts because I’m sure there’s a flaw here that I’m not seeing. If anyone has a better idea feel free to give input. :)  


    If they do this maybe they could increase it's movement speed bonus too. Instead of using bloodlust maybe add a new status effect that works out of a chase and keep bloodlust as is? Give the killer more map pressure while still keeping Bloodlust for chases? 
  • Orion said:

    The flaw is that Bloodlust was created to shorten chases. It wasn't created to help Killers patrol the map. Another flaw is that Killers could abuse this to get hits on Survivors.

    Well it will deactivate automatically when you are within 12 meter range of a survivor. They have a terror radius for a reason. 
  • @DarkWo1f997 said:
    Well it will deactivate automatically when you are within 12 meter range of a survivor. They have a terror radius for a reason. 

    Then it works as an indicator of when Survivors are near.

  • I think they're more interested in shortening chases but making it easier to escape when breaking LoS.
  • Orion said:

    The flaw is that Bloodlust was created to shorten chases. It wasn't created to help Killers patrol the map. Another flaw is that Killers could abuse this to get hits on Survivors.

    Well it will deactivate automatically when you are within 12 meter range of a survivor. They have a terror radius for a reason. 
    Just a question @DarkWo1f997 not trying to troll you or anything but didn’t you just say you couldn’t make it past rank 13 survivor in another post and even using DS?  but here you are in several threads calling for killer buffs , I’m just wondering why you would want that if you’re already stuck in the yellow ranks as a survivor as is? 
  • lyric said:
    Orion said:

    The flaw is that Bloodlust was created to shorten chases. It wasn't created to help Killers patrol the map. Another flaw is that Killers could abuse this to get hits on Survivors.

    Well it will deactivate automatically when you are within 12 meter range of a survivor. They have a terror radius for a reason. 
    Just a question @DarkWo1f997 not trying to troll you or anything but didn’t you just say you couldn’t make it past rank 13 survivor in another post and even using DS?  but here you are in several threads calling for killer buffs , I’m just wondering why you would want that if you’re already stuck in the yellow ranks as a survivor as is? 
    I’ve seen good survivor play, survivor is just not for me. I’m alright at it, but it’s just not my thing. Doesn’t mean I’m the skill ceiling you know? 

    Dont get the wrong idea. If the devs wanted to put this idea in the game, I wouldn’t want that right away. I’m not out to buff killers so much as I am to make deeper mechanical changes to the game. 

    I post these raw ideas to start discussion. The whole point is for someone to point out the flaws in my proposition, and for someone else or me to point out
    the flaws in theirs. 

    Its an incredibly productive way of thinking, and sharpens the idea to a level of fine quality through different viewpoints finding alternatives to inconveniences found in one another’s propositions. 

    I want criticism, I want discussion, I want productivity and a healthy, positive, and cooperative effort to improve the game. 


    EDIT: A lot of these ideas of mine are on the killer’s side for the most part, but I don’t want killers to become super powerful, I like that it takes a lot of skill (in my opinion) to play killer. That’s not saying survivor is easy, but a lot of your own mistakes can be undone by the actions of your teammates. 

    Again, this isn’t a bias, I just know a lot more of the killer’s struggles than that of survivors. I need input from everyone that has something to say, no matter how harsh it may be 
  • Orion said:

    @DarkWo1f997 said:
    Well it will deactivate automatically when you are within 12 meter range of a survivor. They have a terror radius for a reason. 

    Then it works as an indicator of when Survivors are near.

    That’s true. I was thinking it could activate when within a 32 meter range, and making solid, unbroken visual contact with the survivor for a solid 2 seconds before deactivating. Perhaps it could automatically disable when within 20 meters of a generator to allow a more balanced and less stressful approach for survivors? 

    It sounds cool on paper, the middle of the map away from the main objective is no man’s land, and poses the highest risk of being spotted due to the killer covering more ground. 

    However it is not going to work, if they did implement it, who knows how many new glitches and game breaking scenarios would occur. 

    It was just a thought, I was hoping someone who thought of something similar, yet more compatible and had more time put into their idea, would see this, and be able to take something, anything, from this post to make
    that idea more appealing. 

    It could also also work with not to do. I’m tossing ideas around for others to think about and add onto. these aren’t well thought out, just merely a foundation. The most thought out idea I have is the Dying State 2.0 post, which unfortunately no one would like to talk about and help me improve upon. So it’ll probably be forgotten. 
  • Well, the thread is still young. Just because I can't see it doesn't mean someone else won't be able to.

  • Orion said:

    Well, the thread is still young. Just because I can't see it doesn't mean someone else won't be able to.

    The Dying State 2.0 thread is on its way to being two months old. 
  • @DarkWo1f997 said:
    The Dying State 2.0 thread is on its way to being two months old. 

    I don't think I've read that one. Can you link me to it?

  • @Orion said:
    The flaw is that Bloodlust was created to shorten chases. It wasn't created to help Killers patrol the map. Another flaw is that Killers could abuse this to get hits on Survivors.

    Abuse? How can it be abused?

    It was created to shorten the chase and it worked as intended (before patch at least) Now a lot of pallet are safe even in BL 3 :lol:

  • @DeadByFlashlight said:

    @Orion said:
    The flaw is that Bloodlust was created to shorten chases. It wasn't created to help Killers patrol the map. Another flaw is that Killers could abuse this to get hits on Survivors.

    Abuse? How can it be abused?

    It was created to shorten the chase and it worked as intended (before patch at least) Now a lot of pallet are safe even in BL 3 :lol:

    If it only activated outside a chase, as the OP was suggesting, you could just chase Survivors without actually triggering the chase conditions and hit them without losing speed.

  • Orion said:

    @DarkWo1f997 said:
    The Dying State 2.0 thread is on its way to being two months old. 

    I don't think I've read that one. Can you link me to it?

    Here you are. Please disregard the unconscious state. It needs to be reworked. 

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/16907/the-change-to-balance-all-levels-of-play-dying-state-2-0#latest