The Shining(Kubrick Version)
I know they would have to get a license to use it and everything. I am curious if they added the Overlook and the Maze as maps and added Jack as the killer and Danny as the survivor what perks would be fitting for the two characters.
Comments
Correction: "The Shinning" is part of The Simpson's Treehouse of Horror V special (Season 6, Episode 6). I don't normally nitpick spelling errors, but that specific thing makes this thread kinda funny.
Also, while The Shining is a really iconic and fantastic horror film, Jack Nicholson's likeness might be tough to get, Jack Torrance isn't really himself if he isn't allowed to be screaming and doesn't lend himself well to a Killer Power concept, and unless they did the adult Doctor Sleep version of Danny he'd be a child Survivor which is essentially unworkable.
I'm also skeptical about the Overlook Hotel becoming a DbD map due to its size and scope. Too many iconic areas to squish into one map, I think, plus the issue of kinda needing non-Euclidian geometry to properly represent the place's true atmosphere.
Don't want to be too much of a downer though. The Shining WOULD be a very hype licensed chapter.
The could do it as multiple maps and a match only one specific part like they have some of the other areas such as the Auto Wreckers map.