DBD mobile has a lot of things normal DBD should have
- Killer and survivor tickets to play with a survivor or killer you don't have (except for licensed ones for some reason). - This will allow people to see if they like a DLC killer BEFORE they buy them. As far as I know, there are 6 and 24-hour tickets.
- Training mode, a 1v4 against bots as survivor and killer. - It would be so good for newer players to get some practice in. You don't lose your rank if losing.
- Bots that take over a person who has DC'd - Better than nothing and work well enough. (screw players who dc when they are downed for the first time)
- Great optimization - Everything runs smoothly if your phone can handle the game, things only start to break when you have bad wifi or connection. Just butter-smooth gameplay every second.
- It's free
I'm surprised you still can't turn off aim dressing tho *cough
DBD mobile has all of these great features that should just be on regular DBD. I really think that the devs should be working on implementing these features after they are done with the graphical updates. All of these features are just great to have, but why are all of them on mobile?
The ability to temporarily unlock a killer for a DLC you don't have is great because not everyone wants to buy a killer they don't want to play. What is great about this is that you keep your progress regardless if you have the killer or not. When you unlock a character and level them up if you used a killer or survivor ticket and the time runs out to play them, you still keep your progress on that character. This means you could level a DLC character you don't have just for their teachable perks.
I mean, if you are trying a killer you have never tried before, you could practice before you even go against normal teams so you aren't humiliated by them on your first game.
Bots that take over someone who has disconnected would be a great thing to have, if anyone disconnects then you still have a good chance of getting things done.
The fact that the mobile version of a full-on game has better optimization than the actual game is kind of sad to see. It is also the reason that most console players have a hard time playing the game. I mean come one, why can't we get better optimization on console or PC? It has been months since this graphic overhaul started, but we haven't gotten a single optimization patch for the updated maps. I am sure BHVR has more than enough resources to fix this.
DBD mobile is free which is what loads of other people have said they want DBD on console or PC to be because of the amount of DLC's you have to play, or the literal hundreds of hours you have to grind to get half of a DLC with shards.
I think these features should come over from dbd mobile to console and PC (and every other platform the game is on). I'm sure you will not find a single person who dislikes a patch with these features in it.
Comments
You don't get access to add-ons, and I have 80 of these 24 hour tickets (the other one is 12 hours by the way, not 6). That's a bad business model for BHVR.
Licensed ones are forbidden because they can only be bought with auric cells; they are significantly more expensive to operate, and you don't want people getting them for free.
Believe me, this sounds great, but the bots literally spend all game crouching in the corners of the map. Never once have I been healed by a bot.
Kind of. Hit validation is very strict, and laggy killers are always punished, but there are occasional frame drops and the controls are just ... it's mobile.
Sure, that would be great, but video game companies are always running on notoriously thin margins, and video game titles are the only way they can make money.
Oops, I guess I didn't know about that. I do know that there are 6-hour tickets because I used one for nurse just yesterday.
I myself don't remember seeing any bots hide around all the time. If you go up to them while injured they will help.
I guess it makes sense for them to be purchased with auric cells.
For the most part still, I have fun because of how well mobile runs compared to PC.
Dead by Daylight is their only current successful game, and they make a metric ton of money off of it for sure considering how much the game is monetized. It would be better if the base game was free meaning you start out with Trapper, Wraith, and the other starting survivors and killers, but everything else had to either have shards to pay for them or cells.
6-hour tickets must be new; I haven't seen them. I only get 12 and 24 hour tickets through gift boxes and return rewards.
As for bots, their AI is very rudimentary. They make pretty suspect loopers and their decision making mechanisms often "short circuit," so they are indecisive between two objectives.
The best part about DBD mobile in comparison to PC DBD is hit validation; it is heavily in favor of the player with quick internet, and it's stricter than a British nanny.
As for money, such an option wouldn't make sense to BHVR. Remember that video game companies don't exist to deliver content and entertainment, they exist to make money. The standard for video games is that, in order to purchase a title, you have to actually buy the game. They put time and effort into developing the base game, conceptually and physically, and they want to be compensated for that. Plus, it's a major source of money when your game is becoming more popular. It just doesn't make sense to BHVR, or any game, free (unless you're going to go down the free-to-play route, but NOBODY loves those).
It pretty much is a pay-to-play. You have to buy several DLC's or spend hundreds of hours grinding the shards for half of a chapter (if you play both sides at least). And it just adds up to crazy amounts of money over time. That's not even including the cosmetics or battle passes. I think DBD should be free at base since it has so many DLC's and other forms of monetization. I think it would bring more people to the game because it is free and actually profit BHVR more since they would probably want to spend money on it.
Well no, the game still maintains its core functionality regardless of whether or not you paid for the DLCs. I got them all through iri shards and auric cells. DLCs are a natural part of game evolution; it's either that or re-releasing titles every year.
And no, making DBD free will not draw in new players. Video games are not so expensive that it would turn off a significant amount of potential buyers. Plus, they just can't afford to do such. Players like me grind shards and cells so we don't have to pay a buck for DLCs, and that's not something they can afford.
I doubt they are in a bad spot with money, the amount of money they must make on this game has to me in the double digits of millions.
They're a private company so they don't disclose financial matters, and the scale of double digit millions isn't exactly right. The cost of a copy of DBD is around 25 bucks (console is usually more expensive), and they sold 5 million copies, that's 125 million dollars in revenue by the game alone.
Plus, even if they are running on a profit margin of greater than 30%, BHVR isn't exactly a charity. Wherever they can take money, they'll take it. Maybe if Microsoft gave out Xboxes for free, or if Apple gave out Macs for free, BHVR might need to follow suit (if antitrust doesn't kill them first).
Also keep in mind that free-to-play games (CoD: Warzone) depend heavily on microtransactions, and also the fact that they re-release titles, unlike DBD. DLCs are significantly different than microtransactions, and since DBD doesn't get re-released, it just won't be worth it. This current title has already gained traction, and most of their money comes from DLCs themselves.
I just feel bummed out because they could do so much more with the game, but either don't because they can't, or don't because they are greedy :(
I mean, we are barely getting things that we should have gotten a long time ago, such as colorblind settings, or just the most minuscule QoL changes such as the Wraith buffs.