Why can you not start a chase with an afk killer any more?

When the rift is active a lot of killers afk and it seems now that you aren't able to initiate chase with them if they're standing still

Comments

  • I guess it's not really a chase if one party is motionless.

  • @JPA said:

    I guess it's not really a chase if one party is motionless.

    Understandable but it punishes the survivors who have no control over a killer not moving

  • Not that I would know...... ;)

    But it doesn't look like you get chaser points from afking rn

  • @Im_Tired said:

    Not that I would know...... ;)

    But it doesn't look like you get chaser points from afking rn

    I don't mind if killers do it because the rift is excruciating but it sucks that you cant get points as a survivor any more ๐Ÿ˜”

  • I'm still able to get in very short chases (3-4 seconds) against an afk killer, better than nothing i guess. Just keep in front of the killer

  • @jakesotto said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2011047#Comment_2011047

    Understandable but it punishes the survivors who have no control over a killer not moving

    I get that, but they probably should solve the problem of AFK killers by making the game more fun for Killers so AFK killers isn't such a widespread occurence, rather than making the game mechanics senseless

  • @jakesotto said:

    When the rift is active a lot of killers afk and it seems now that you aren't able to initiate chase with them if they're standing still

    I assume they "fixed" something that was making a lot more situations count as chases and that happened to also result in removing the ability to get into chases with an afk killer. So it's a buff in some ways a nerf in otherways.

  • Yeah, kinda sucks that you can depip if the killer refuses to play.