I don't want to title this 'Are the Devs out of lore ideas'...
...because hell knows writing is hard, but someone pointed out how similar several tome entries are and how some thus don't seem to fit the character they are for.
What they pointed out specifically is that Ace's lore sounds similar to David's, to the point it feels as if Ace's story was an early draft for David's.
The Nurse's tome entry has some underlying 'early draft for the Doctor's' going (though YMMV), Hag's feels quite out of place with her initial lore et all.
There are good entries, like kate or dwight (even if the latter causes some major discussion still), but other entries are just... they feel off, as if the devs don't know what to do with the characters.
Comments
It's mostly random.
A character could have a wacky design but have a great lore.
The new survivor and killer is a great example.
Their lore is so interesting and not to mention immersive that I consider them to be the most realistic duo ever.
On the other hand, characters who look completely normal may have unexpected lore.
I think the reason this happens is because a lot of the killers are super old or have weird powers so the devs have no idea on how to appropriately make them seem believable.
It’s really inconsistent tbh. Characters like Jane got pretty bad ones but Some are amazing like hillbilly’s
with the new killer and survivor it feels really weird to me, a bit as if they were meant to be one character originally.
I don't blame ya.
One's a pop star and the other is his producer/manager.
Those professions are extremely close in real life also.
I have a really big respect for them when it comes to killer designs and powers. But I find Lore kinda boring compared to other video games so I usually don't even bother with it anymore.