New game mode(s) question

Im genuinely curious when the projected new game modes are coming. I know the devs have lots of things they’re working on with the current main (only) game mode but they have stated numerous times they want new game modes and have discussed it.

Can we get a possible projection date and if not, at least some of the ideas you devs have tossed around. I just want to have more excitement for the future.

Comments

  • They said new game modes are in development

  • Im genuinely curious when the projected new game modes are coming. I know the devs have lots of things they’re working on with the current main (only) game mode but they have stated numerous times they want new game modes and have discussed it.

    Can we get a possible projection date and if not, at least some of the ideas you devs have tossed around. I just want to have more excitement for the future.
    With all the trouble they’ve had on release dates I doubt they will set anything in stone. I would just like to see an example or sneak peak of what may be in the works 
  • @lyric said:

    With all the trouble they’ve had on release dates I doubt they will set anything in stone. I would just like to see an example or sneak peak of what may be in the works 

    Bots....bots for killer's to 4k with...

  • fcc2014 said:

    @lyric said:

    With all the trouble they’ve had on release dates I doubt they will set anything in stone. I would just like to see an example or sneak peak of what may be in the works 

    Bots....bots for killer's to 4k with...

    That’s what they need man! Everyone wins!! Participation trophies anyone?
  • @lyric said:

    That’s what they need man! Everyone wins!! Participation trophies anyone?

    We need Oprah, you get a trophy you get a trophy

  • @fcc2014 said:

    @lyric said:

    With all the trouble they’ve had on release dates I doubt they will set anything in stone. I would just like to see an example or sneak peak of what may be in the works 

    Bots....bots for killer's to 4k with...

    Well, I personally know several online friends who like DBD, but would also like a bots mode. Not one that rewards Bloodpoints or progression, mind you, but one where they can go into to learn maps, gets used to juking and looping, get used to blinking with Nurse, et cetera. Sadly, not everyone has friends to do KYF with, or friends that play the same times they're able to.

  • @Kilmeran that comment is mostly for the people who feel they haven't won without killing 4. A bots mod where you could practice with new killers and perk builds actually would be really good. Even if it was scenario mods. If you played F13th the had moments from movies and you needed to hit a certain objective. Something like that wouldn't even be bad.
    1. Stop the last 2 survivors from getting the last generator
    2. End the chase as quick as possible
    3. Kill the Jake sabotaging all your hooks
    4. etc

  • @fcc2014 said:
    @Kilmeran that comment is mostly for the people who feel they haven't won without killing 4. A bots mod where you could practice with new killers and perk builds actually would be really good. Even if it was scenario mods. If you played F13th the had moments from movies and you needed to hit a certain objective. Something like that wouldn't even be bad.
    1. Stop the last 2 survivors from getting the last generator
    2. End the chase as quick as possible
    3. Kill the Jake sabotaging all your hooks
    4. etc

    Ahhh, gotcha. And though I didn't play F13th, I am familiar with that mode.

    I really want to learn Nurse, myself, but it is beyond frustrating to do that as a Rank 20 killer when it takes forever to get a match as Killer. Some sort of alternate mode to practice in is badly needed, especially with new Killer players having ######### insane lobby times.

  • Really? I only started playing about a month ago and I've never had to wait more than like 5 minutes, at longest. Most matches are almost instant. I'm usually on between 8 and 11 pacific time though, maybe thats prime time.

  • @Kilmeran said:

    Ahhh, gotcha. And though I didn't play F13th, I am familiar with that mode.

    I really want to learn Nurse, myself, but it is beyond frustrating to do that as a Rank 20 killer when it takes forever to get a match as Killer. Some sort of alternate mode to practice in is badly needed, especially with new Killer players having [BAD WORD] insane lobby times.

    Someone awhile back had the idea of different ranks for each of your killers to encourage playing with other/new killers. Yes, i can see some abuse it but i can also see more variety in played characters and would improve the experience of those players.

  • @fcc2014 said:

    @Kilmeran said:

    Ahhh, gotcha. And though I didn't play F13th, I am familiar with that mode.

    I really want to learn Nurse, myself, but it is beyond frustrating to do that as a Rank 20 killer when it takes forever to get a match as Killer. Some sort of alternate mode to practice in is badly needed, especially with new Killer players having [BAD WORD] insane lobby times.

    Someone awhile back had the idea of different ranks for each of your killers to encourage playing with other/new killers. Yes, i can see some abuse it but i can also see more variety in played characters and would improve the experience of those players.

    I don't. Maybe. But they desperately need to do something about the low-rank Killer lobbies.

    Anything being looked at @not_Queen ?

  • Kilmeran said:

    @fcc2014 said:

    @lyric said:

    With all the trouble they’ve had on release dates I doubt they will set anything in stone. I would just like to see an example or sneak peak of what may be in the works 

    Bots....bots for killer's to 4k with...

    Well, I personally know several online friends who like DBD, but would also like a bots mode. Not one that rewards Bloodpoints or progression, mind you, but one where they can go into to learn maps, gets used to juking and looping, get used to blinking with Nurse, et cetera. Sadly, not everyone has friends to do KYF with, or friends that play the same times they're able to.

    Man, you are dreaming high with the bots. I wish we could do that if they implement them but usually the AI in videogames is lame. But hey, who knows, they can do a pretty good job, amirite?