Just a rant about the grind, carry on.

I often take breaks from the game but ultimately I truly do want to play the game. I’ve played on and off since it was free for PS Plus back in the August of 2018 I believe. However, I swapped to PC in December and due to the lack of cross progression I lost everything. The grind is very demoralising honestly, I’ve gotten some decent perks on Survivor but now I’ve gotten an itch to play killer again. To be more specific, I want to give blight another chance with the better pc fps and the upcoming fov change for blight specifically. However, to do so I would have to grind for 10 to 20 more hours (that’s a conservative estimate) on characters I do not want to play, just so I can unlock blight. Even after I’ve unlocked him, there then comes the tedious process of trudging through bloodweb after bloodweb to get some half decent perks on him. You could argue that I could just shelve out yet more money to just buy blight but you see... I’ve already spent an OBSCENE amount of money on cosmetics and characters between platforms. Add onto that my current dissatisfaction with many of the Developers’ decisions and I simply do not have the will to spend another cent on this game right now. Anyways this is going off topic, I just want to enjoy this game again but the grind is really killing my will to play. Anyhow, I know this was probably an incomprehensible mess but I just thought I’d say my piece and clear my head a bit. Cheers.

Comments

  • Honestly grinding shards for characters isn’t too bad. Mainly the rift and grind shards for cosmetics are annoying and also blood webs

  • The grind is seriously holding this game back. I've had multiple people tell me the reason they've quit or won't touch the game in the first place is the grind. It's 2021 and this isn't a vertical progression MMORPG in the first place. The grind is absolutely absurd for a p2play MMO, let alone a buy to play pvp game. Remove. The. Perk. Tiers.

  • Perk tiers are so outdated with the game almost about to be five years old, they need to remove them since we have about over a 100 perks from both survivor and killer.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    The grind is seriously holding this game back. I've had multiple people tell me the reason they've quit or won't touch the game in the first place is the grind. It's 2021 and this isn't a vertical progression MMORPG in the first place. The grind is absolutely absurd for a p2play MMO, let alone a buy to play pvp game. Remove. The. Perk. Tiers.

    That's why I don't push my real life friends to play. Period. Toxicity issues and balance issues are things I know my friends would just go along with because it's online gaming. The fact that they would have to grind so hard just to get a half way decent build. Nah. My friends are all married with children. They don't have time for that sort of grind.