how do you ignore the nonsense this game can throws at you?

We have all experienced nonsense behavior before. Either from toxic killers, toxic survivors, useless and annoying teammates, and sometimes from the game itself. And it's probably best to ignore it but that's easier said then done isn't it? So how do you ignore the nonsense and annoying feelings this game can throw at you? And has it made your gaming experience better?

Comments

  • I just shut off my emotions if I'm having a rough game. Would rather be an emotionless husk than whine at my monitor. It has made my experience better by a little bit, because if I don't get tilted I play way better.

  • you don't ignore it, you laugh at it and make it into a funny thing

    teamates urban evading around the map put on your best animal documentary voice and narrate them

    survivors being toxic just bonk them on the head and flourish after you down them like do a little dance or spin a bit

    if you aren't trying to put a positive spin on things nothing else will

  • Basically you just kinda laugh at it. I had a game I just lost because I landed on haddonfield and it spawned both my totems in the open so they were gone in the first 30 seconds of the match. There was almost no way I could have possibly won that against a full rank 1 SWF loaded with meta, it's just not happening.

    You need to understand that DBD is a super unfair and unbalanced game, it's not really even a particularly good game if you look at it critically- however there is fun to be had in engagement with people and in the chases and other things themselves.

    You have to just focus on that, if you only worry about winning you're going to struggle.

  • When I was new to the game (winter-2017) I would often play even hours after getting tilted so at some point I would notice that my mood outside the game would suffer (mostly from the toxic messages after most killer matches).

    However since I fell in love with the gameplay I ended up looking for a healthier way to enjoy it.

    One step was playing both sides equally since solo survivor is more frustrating while killer is more stressful so consuming the negative aspects of both sides equally somehow balances it out and keeps the overall "tilt-o-metre" low - as funny as it may sound.

    On top of that I typically stop a DBD session after having a couple really good matches so the "most recent" experience remains a positive one.

  • @dspaceman20 said:

    We have all experienced nonsense behavior before. Either from toxic killers, toxic survivors, useless and annoying teammates, and sometimes from the game itself. And it's probably best to ignore it but that's easier said then done isn't it? So how do you ignore the nonsense and annoying feelings this game can throw at you? And has it made your gaming experience better?

    Don't play the game like it's the only game you own.

    Play a few games every couple days, go do something else. Recognize when you met your limit for bs and walk away when you reach that limit rather than continuing to play on Tilt

  • @dspaceman20 said:

    We have all experienced nonsense behavior before. Either from toxic killers, toxic survivors, useless and annoying teammates, and sometimes from the game itself. And it's probably best to ignore it but that's easier said then done isn't it? So how do you ignore the nonsense and annoying feelings this game can throw at you? And has it made your gaming experience better?

    You just put your big boy pants on..

  • For every time I have a terrible game on either side, I try to remember all the times I 4k'ed or escaped. If it was a super tense game then maybe the next one I purposely play more chill with less-used perks or killers without the goal to win.

    I've learned to always have a video from my favorite streamers ready. Once I feel I'm at the point of getting tilted, I alt-tab and use the videos to cool down. If I'm killer, I try not to AFK until all the gens are done as I feel it's important to practice controlling the frustration. Likewise I try to play until I'm on second hook state.

    Lastly, I never run kindred because as a solo queue player I spare myself the frustration of sitting on hook while watching half the team is immersive or urban evading around when the killer is clearly chasing another player.

  • Exit out of the game and play something else