NoED + Blood Warden: A glorious combo

I know there's a thread every other day complaining about NOED, and if you really hate it, perhaps this is not the thread for you.

I started playing DBD 2+ months ago, and played mainly survivor. A few weeks ago, I finally tried out Killer. Now playing Killer can be a lot of fun, but more often than not, it's a self-punishing ritual of masochism.

I'm a Baby Killer. I try to play with good manners and good sportsmanship. No hook camping (unless End game collapse occasionally) and I really try not to tunnel. Why? Because I know how crap it feels. I regularly get camped in purple Ranks on survivor, and I just can't stand it. So I refuse to be one of those, but it makes getting kills as a N00b a lot harder.

But children, it is so stressful, and so enraging to be a Killer sometimes. First of all, I am almost exclusively matched with Ranks far higher than me. I'm just out of *HerpdaDerp* Ranks, and often face purple, even RED rank survivors. It's so frustrating, because they can't just recognize "*Hmm, must be a new Killer. I'll just repair gens and be on my way*". Oh no. They have to make fun of you. They have to teabag on the other side of pallets. Or they 360 all over the place and just wait for you at a pallet staring at you, beckoning you to get stunned because they're so ah-mazing they don't even have to try running from me.

When I do down them, they brazenly unhook right in front of my face.They have all their Meta perks and whatnot, and crowd me at the hook, body blocking etc. Some will even try to heal themselves a few paces away from me just to make sure I know how confident they are that they'll get a quad escape. Then there's the flashlights. They LOVE blinding you for no reason. Just to be arsehats and pick on the new Killer because lolz. "Here's some lulzy footage for muh channel!".

And then it happens. The last generator is completed, these egotistical jerks open the gate right in front of me, dancing all around - and BAM. NOED. See, they're SO crazy elite-gaymerz with their .TTV names that they didn't bother to cleanse totems. After all, there was so much taunting to be done, where would a Rank 4 survivor find the time? But no worries, they so fancy a looper that one of them willl just do a quick brilliant save while the others hang out at the gate...

...where I can see all of their auras because I saved my feeble little Bloodpoints to make Freddy's Bloodwarden shareable. So as I approach the gate, they start tea bagging just before they run into a wall of NOPE. And that's when I down them one after the other in the most satisfying extravaganza of revenge.

I Mori the one I had hooked twice, and 2 disconnect immediately. One managed to crawl out after BW timer was up.

It was bloody brilliant. I'm sure if I hadn't turned my messages off, I'd have received quite a colourful buffet of salt.

Then I see the Ranks post match: Rank 4, two Rank 8's and one Rank 14.


I'm Rank 16.

But after a full evening of cocky SWF's, and overall terrible people, I will go to bed smiling tonight.

Comments

  • Yes, it is a truly gloriuos combo. A gift from the Entity, I dare say.

    Ah, the memories... Freddy has been my main ever since I first started playing, and back then I had no teachable perks unlocked. This combo (together with Bitter Murmur, of course) saved my life countless of times.

  • @GeneralV said:

    Yes, it is a truly gloriuos combo. A gift from the Entity, I dare say.

    Ah, the memories... Freddy has been my main ever since I first started playing, and back then I had no teachable perks unlocked. This combo (together with Bitter Murmur, of course) saved my life countless of times.

    I'm playing Spirit, so I find no one ever expects it lol. It's such an unpleasant surprise for them :)

  • @CluelessWanderer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2007149#Comment_2007149

    I'm playing Spirit, so I find no one ever expects it lol. It's such an unpleasant surprise for them :)

    Now that you've mentioned it, I haven't seen a Spirit running Blood Warden in a very long time. I guess you are right, the surprise factor must get them good.