Alternate Ghostface Chapter Idea (Please give some feedback, I'm curious)

Intro: To set the scene: I am a massive Scream fan. It’s my favorite horror movie and like many I was a bit bummed we never got a true scream chapter. That being said, I like what they did with the killer we got. In terms of design and lore, Jed Olsen is very well done and more than worthy of the Ghostface name and mask. That being said I made a very long and way too detailed concept of what I think could have been done if we had gotten a real Scream chapter with Billy and Stew as Ghostface. Side-note I'd be really cool to get some content creators to give their opinions of my ideas :)

Killer: The Ghostface (or The Ghosts if you find it to be a dumb name like some do)

  Speed: 4.6 Meters/ sec (115%)

  Terror Radius: 24 Meters (I feel that Ghostface should be more sneaky than your average killer, also being the only 115% killer with a smaller terror radius would make them stand out a bit)

  Power: Slasher Flick

The Ghostface is a pair of two killers, they both look the same and are fundamentally the same though. You start the game as any other killer with you partner hidden in the closest locker to your spawn point.

The first part of the killer is their locker mechanics. Walking up to any empty locker allows you to hide in it. This immediately give you the undetectable status effect. When in a locker, 3 actions are available:

1.  Pressing the ability button again causes you to slowly exit the locker. This makes little noise (Just like when survivors do it) and lets you keep you undetectable effect for a short time outside the locker (I think 10ish seconds would be a good base).

2.  Pressing the attack button causes you to jump out of the locker with a swing of your knife. This will be a normal M1 attack that hits anyone in front of the locker (Think Head on but for killer and a not crap hitbox).

3.  Pressing the second ability button switches your prospective to that of your partner in whatever locker they are in at the time, fundamentally acting as a teleport. I don’t think this would need any cool down as you can only move between two points on the map that can only be changed manually one at a time (by switching to your partner and moving to a different locker).

The question of how survivor interact with the non-player Ghostface has to be brought up. This can be handled in a few ways, the easiest being to simply not allow survivors to open occupied lockers. A more interesting and funny way could be something similar to how survivors interact with other survivors in lockers. The survivor could open the locker just to find someone in there, but instead of the hiding survivor shutting the door on them it’s Ghostface who would than slash at and damage them.

The other part of the power would be a marking mechanic similar to what we have now. While being within line-of-sight of a survivor you can press the second ability button to mark them with the same visual effects that marking has now, but instead of exposing the survivor it causes your partner to spawn in and jump out of the closest unoccupied locker and begin chasing them. They would have a very simple AI and pretty much play just like how bots do in DBD mobile (this means no mind games, window or pallet break fakes, or red stain manipulations). They would simple run after the marked survivor only stopping when the power’s time limit runs out or the survivor is successfully hit by an attack (this would not count for hits from you, only the AI). This part of the power would come with a heavy cool down and similar to Freddy’s teleport and have a time limit so that good survivors could outlast the mark. When the power ends, your AI controlled partner moves to the closest unoccupied locker and hides in it.

 

 

Add-Ons: Most of the add-ons would be simple number changes like cool down time of marking, duration of marks, and how long you stay undetectable after exiting a locker. I’m not going to make a full list but I have thought of a few:

  Casey’s Number (Brown): This would be their meme add-on that Behavior loves to give killers. It would remove your ability to injure survivors when you jump out of a locker, instead Ghostface would just throw his hand up and jump scare them. This would make survivors close to the locker to scream and give you bloodpoints.

  Dewey’s Keys (Green): This would lower the cool down for marking like other lower rarity add-ons would do, but this would also give you a fully charged mark at the start of the game.

  Sidney’s Number (Purple): This add-on would do the same thing as the meme add-on, but also gives effected survivors the exposed status. It could also have a longer range.

  Iridescent Cell-Phone (Pink): This would give your AI controlled partner access to perk effects. Any perks that you have on that give you some permanent buff (Enduring, Brutal Strength, Bamboozle, STBFL, Fire Up if you’re a real gamer, etc.…) would now affect them too. No downside because it’s pretty niche.

  Cotton’s Bloody Jacket (Pink): This would reveal the aura of marked survivors. Since a constant 40 second aura reveal (or however long marking would last) seems nuts, I think this should have the downside of a longer cool down or shorter range for marking.

  

 

 

 

 

Comments

  • I like the locker idea a lot as a secondary power that functions as a trap and teleport/map traversal but in both cases very limited.

    but I don’t see them adding another Ghostface with a different mechanic. Would be cool if they introduced a Scream chapter in which Ghostface gets a rework, not changing his current kit but implementing the locker idea into it (use the crouch button in front of a locker to enter it, then as you described). This could also work well with the cloaking mechanic (Ghostface can either cloak and loop without red stain/terror or he enter nearby locker, surv shouldn’t hear him entering the locker in this case though)

  • I enjoyed the series too, so I of course enjoy the read and nods to the movies and lore and I like the power, although I’ve seen it suggested several times in different ways. My fav being the clown having the power to traverse the map from locker, because I’d like to see his fat ass squeeze in a locker.

    Much like what was suggested, your chance of seeing another Scream chapter is slim, even if so like Scream, Id be a lil upset if they did that, other Iconic killers exist, Scream had its moment, let others in the game :(

  • @Baby_Victor said:

    I enjoyed the series too, so I of course enjoy the read and nods to the movies and lore and I like the power, although I’ve seen it suggested several times in different ways. My fav being the clown having the power to traverse the map from locker, because I’d like to see his fat ass squeeze in a locker.

    Much like what was suggested, your chance of seeing another Scream chapter is slim, even if so like Scream, Id be a lil upset if they did that, other Iconic killers exist, Scream had its moment, let others in the game :(

    Scream didn’t have a moment in DbD though, only the Ghostface mask did. at least a paragraph with one survivor would be cool..

  • @Mooks said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2006825#Comment_2006825

    Scream didn’t have a moment in DbD though, only the Ghostface mask did. at least a paragraph with one survivor would be cool..

    I get what your saying, but it would be like telling me that Demogorgon isnt really the Demo from that tv show, I don’t watch, and then you ask for another one with different powers...

    I also wish they got more in dept with the movie lore but at least you got something. I’d take a killer Barbie doll with red hair at this point, for me, I’d rather see Chucky or something that isnt a new version of a chapter we kind of already experienced.

    Just IMO. If it happens I’m not saying I wouldn’t enjoy it.

  • I always imagine that Ghost Face, while stalking, pretend to speak by phone to the survivor as in movies, and once marked attacks them as he does in his movies. Is strange.

    I find your concept super interesting, I would have liked to have had the Ghostface from Scream or Stabs in the fictional Scream movie, but with Jed Olsen and his backstory it's wonderful.

  • @Mooks said:

    I like the locker idea a lot as a secondary power that functions as a trap and teleport/map traversal but in both cases very limited.

    but I don’t see them adding another Ghostface with a different mechanic. Would be cool if they introduced a Scream chapter in which Ghostface gets a rework, not changing his current kit but implementing the locker idea into it (use the crouch button in front of a locker to enter it, then as you described). This could also work well with the cloaking mechanic (Ghostface can either cloak and loop without red stain/terror or he enter nearby locker, surv shouldn’t hear him entering the locker in this case though)

    Just to clear it up, this is not a concept for what I want in a future chapter or Ghostface rework. This is what I think could have happened if we had gotten a scream chapter instead of the Ghostface chapter. Think of it as what they may have in an alternate timeline.