No Mither - Buff
Buff - You start the trial healthy.
Very major problem with this perk, I’m not sure any other perk does this for either killer or survivor, but it alerts your opponent that you have it immediately. By telling the killer you have this perk, the only guarantee against slugging it gives you is that you will be hooked immediately.
Without the ability to have your opponent unaware until the perk has been used at least once, the perk costs too much to be of any use.
Comments
I think an easier fix would be for the playing injured to be reflected by all hits causing Deep Wounds, and thus require Mending before healing.
I think that sounds like a very interesting idea for a new perk. Any thoughts on that being a trade-off for some kind of buff?
I mainly think the issue here is the instant message to the killer which tells the killer to hook that player immediately.
I think the issue with this is that it lowers the one perk interaction/synergy No Mither is supposed to have with Resilience and etc, starting the trial Injured to activate those Perks from the getgo.
I would prefer something like "Killers will always percieve you as Healthy and unbroken on their HUD."
Neither of these ideas would truly make No Mither practical, of course. But, it'd certainly go some distance in at least making it a little better.
I think if you buff it too much, you make it too strong. As it is, it’s very hard to get much use out of it without pairing it with UNbreakable.
That's the whole thing, if they just suffer Deep Wounds, the Killer gets no notification of that. They just see a healthy person go to injured. Thus they won't be tipped off immediately. Everything else about No Mither stays the same, i.e. recover from dying and being a bit quieter with the groans of pain.
I thought killer’s could see deep wound status. Am I wrong?
Most Killers that "cause" Deep Wounds know they cause it. In this case, there is no reason for them to know about it unless they already do it themselves. If there is something indicating it, it could easily be disabled for No Mither. The problem with the Perk as it stands now is it has very little return. Everyone knows when you have it, and will not slug you. You never get to use the recover ability against anyone outside the potato ranks.
This method would allow the Perk to go under the radar. Heck, I don't even care if the time required to start Mending is shorter than normal to better balance the ability. It just has to have some actual value and right now it really doesn't.