Which is better Iron will or Dead Hard

I am still trying to make a versatile build and I'm trying to include only 1 meta perk. I'm having trouble choosing between Dead Hard or Iron Will. Should I use dead hard and prioritize chase or Iron will and prioritize stealth? Or should I use a different perk (I'm thinking about off the record)

Comments

  • What's your current build looking right now?

    If it were me, I'd choose Iron Will.

    Dead hard even though it's nice and the 2nd chance is great. Let's be honest it's dead hard, it can bug and you might not get any value out of it.

    Iron Will however, you just equip it and get value out of it. Not mentioning if you're playing a loud survivor ( I'm looking at you Jeff ) this will completely muffle those sounds. The best part, you're taking killer's hearing away from them, since he can't track you anymore with your grunts. Add ontop of this, all of the stealth plays you can make.

  • Iron will 100%

    It isn't just for stealth, it can straight-up let you slip out of a chase without even trying

  • I get more value out of iron than exhaustion perks but it depends on the person maybe.

  • @Pilot said:

    What's your current build looking right now?

    If it were me, I'd choose Iron Will.

    Dead hard even though it's nice and the 2nd chance is great. Let's be honest it's dead hard, it can bug and you might not get any value out of it.

    Iron Will however, you just equip it and get value out of it. Not mentioning if you're playing a loud survivor ( I'm looking at you Jeff ) this will completely muffle those sounds. The best part, you're taking killer's hearing away from them, since he can't track you anymore with your grunts. Add ontop of this, all of the stealth plays you can make.

    I'm trying to make a versatile build. Something that helps with or find gen, one that helps with stealth, one to help with chases, and one to help my team or healing.

    Figuring out if I should use dead hard or Iron Will will help me make my build.

  • @dspaceman20 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2001125#Comment_2001125

    I'm trying to make a versatile build. Something that helps with or find gen, one that helps with stealth, one to help with chases, and one to help my team or healing.

    Figuring out if I should use dead hard or Iron Will will help me make my build.

    • Prove Thyself - Helping with gens
    • We'll make it - Helping with heals, can come in clutch in some cases.
    • Dead Hard - Helps with your survivability, essentially chases. Feel free to use another exhaustion perk of your choice.
    • Iron Will - Stealth

    This is the build I use.

    You can drop We'll make it for BT if you want.

  • @Pilot said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2001143#Comment_2001143

    • Prove Thyself - Helping with gens
    • We'll make it - Helping with heals, can come in clutch in some cases.
    • Dead Hard - Helps with your survivability, essentially chases. Feel free to use another exhaustion perk of your choice.
    • Iron Will - Stealth

    This is the build I use.

    You can drop We'll make it for BT if you want.

    I think I will try this out but I'm concerned about the fact there are 2 Meta perks Dead hard and Iron Will

  • @dspaceman20 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2001150#Comment_2001150

    I think I will try this out but I'm concerned about the fact there are 2 Meta perks Dead hard and Iron Will

    You have to ask yourself:

    "Does it really bother me more having 2 meta perks, or the killer?" I'm pretty damn sure, the killer isn't gonna think twice running more than one meta perks himself. Or running something really annoying and obnoxious and send you to the game map with impossible skill checks doc...

    In the end, it's your fun & build, you choose how to play and run it.

  • @Pilot said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2001152#Comment_2001152

    You have to ask yourself:

    "Does it really bother me more having 2 meta perks, or the killer?" I'm pretty damn sure, the killer isn't gonna think twice running more than one meta perks himself. Or running something really annoying and obnoxious and send you to the game map with impossible skill checks doc...

    In the end, it's your fun & build, you choose how to play and run it.

    I think your right. Thanks

  • If you're good at chase's then just choose iron will

  • In terms of fun id say iron will but in terms of viability you will do better with dead hard.

    Id take both, but if your build is weak id take DH, but if your build is strong id take iron will.

  • I would also add that Dead Hard is great and all but absolutely not my preferred exhaustion perk. Yes the invincibility frames from it are great but keep in mind that killers who can down you in one hit will render Dead Hard useless.

    I much prefer Lithe or Sprint Burst think, to be fair you really can't go wrong with any exhaustion perk. I even like Balanced Landing from time to time but that one requires you to really play around elevated areas and it can be rather predictable to killers.

  • Iron Will is the perk I think of first when asked about the best survivor perk in the game. So..Iron Will!