Why are we survivors turning on each other??

I played a solo game with another person on the same platform as me and two others on different systems. The guy invited me to his party but I declined and the guys switched last second to a claudette with a key. Long story short he got camped untill he died and another survivor got camped as well. I escaped with one other and the guy with the key invited me to his party again but I messaged him saying I want to play solo and he then called me trash and weak and proceeded to go off on me. I just ignored him

and now I'm wondering why are survivors turning on each other, aren't we supposed to be friends and work together?

Comments

  • @dspaceman20 said:

    I played a solo game with another person on the same platform as me and two others on different systems. The guy invited me to his party but I declined and the guys switched last second to a claudette with a key. Long story short he got camped untill he died and another survivor got camped as well. I escaped with one other and the guy with the key invited me to his party again but I messaged him saying I want to play solo and he then called me trash and weak and proceeded to go off on me. I just ignored him

    and now I'm wondering why are survivors turning on each other, aren't we supposed to be friends and work together?


    You are in Solo Queue. That generally means "every man for himself". You are only nominally working together. Many Survivors will happily leave someone to die they don't know.

  • Just because you're both on the same 'team' doesn't mean you have to cooperate. You don't benefit from having other Survivors escape at the cost of your own life other than self-satisfaction. It's not a win for all Survivors as long as at least one escapes (unless you personally feel that way of course, but in terms of game mechanics it isn't).

  • A lot of people fail miserably at actually being a team player and think that if they escape then they win, so ######### everyone else and may they burn in hell. Also a lot of people just like to be arseholes and will take any excuse to verbally abuse or bully others, because that's just the world we live in.

    Edit: wait, everyone else is kind of all ready in hell... Uh, may they continue to get stabbed by the big spider in the sky?

  • I am surprised this is new to you because you are not new to this game.

    Both sides can be horrible and sometimes I just feel like sideing with a killer if my teammates were all toxic. Give up so they can at least get some points from my death.

    It is rare to actually see some nice people and I am ready to sacrifice for them because it feels right to me. Teammate or killer.

  • @Shaped said:

    I am surprised this is new to you because you are not new to this game.

    Both sides can be horrible and sometimes I just feel like sideing with a killer if my teammates were all toxic. Give up so they can at least get some points from my death.

    It is rare to actually see some nice people and I am ready to sacrifice for them because it feels right to me. Teammate or killer.

    It's just seems new to me because ever since crossplay I have never gotten messages from other survivors. And I try my best to be kind in the game so I never really receive hate.