What exactly is taking the game hostage?

This happens to me a lot in rank 1, where a survivor crawls into a corner that they know the killer can't pick them up in as the last survivor and bleed out. Is that taking the game hostage?

Comments

  • No. Taking the game hostage means intentionally prolonging the game for an indefinite amount of time to prevent the game from ending.

  • When you corner a survivor and use that time to put a burrito in a microwave

  • As killer, body blocking the last survivor or survivors into an area they can't leave from.

    As survivor, doing nothing to progress the game (hiding) while hatch hasn't spawned yet. You can only do this as 2+ survivors so it's not very common unless it's a team effort.

  • No, you have set time of 4 min for the match to end. Holding the game hostage is killer body blocking a survivor(s) in a corner indefinitely / stalling the match only for that purpose to last forever, not caring about actually killing anyone at all or 2+ survivors intentionally hiding and not doing gens forever etc.

  • That clears it up thank you!

  • @TAG said:

    No. Taking the game hostage means intentionally prolonging the game for an indefinite amount of time to prevent the game from ending.

    This is off topic and by no means do I want to seem rude at all, but you have 0 BHVR read posts and almost 9000 posts... That is just shocking tbh! You were very helpful in answering my question so I assumed you were a mod but how have they not read a single one of your posts?

  • Taking the game hostage is when you refuse to do your objective whilst preventing your opponent from doing theirs in order to try and force a DC. Technically crawling to an unhookable corner is trying to hold the game hostage, because why else would you do it but to get the killer to either DC or let you escape, but bleed-out is a thing so it's not reportable.

  • @Sand said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1999261#Comment_1999261

    This is off topic and by no means do I want to seem rude at all, but you have 0 BHVR read posts and almost 9000 posts... That is just shocking tbh! You were very helpful in answering my question so I assumed you were a mod but how have they not read a single one of your posts?

    I have a lot of free time at home and/or on public transportation to post. Plus I get into debate/arguments a lot.

  • @Sand said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1999261#Comment_1999261

    This is off topic and by no means do I want to seem rude at all, but you have 0 BHVR read posts and almost 9000 posts... That is just shocking tbh! You were very helpful in answering my question so I assumed you were a mod but how have they not read a single one of your posts?

    They read most of what is posted on the forums but unless you make very specific post that needs something cleared up by a dev, they usually won't comment just for the sake of it.

    You can see that TAG has 8,6k comments but 147 discussions out of the nearly 9k posts. I have just 2,3k posts but of that 204 discussions so better chance for a dev response (especially if I make a post on something warranting dev response) as those apply only to your discussions, not your comments at least from what I know.

  • @TAG said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1999324#Comment_1999324

    I have a lot of free time at home and/or on public transportation to post. Plus I get into debate/arguments a lot.

    Oh no I didn't mean it to pry on your life, do whatever you wanna do! :) I just was hoping you'd be the first profile I saw that had BHVR read!

  • @Sand said:

    This happens to me a lot in rank 1, where a survivor crawls into a corner that they know the killer can't pick them up in as the last survivor and bleed out. Is that taking the game hostage?

    No. It’s when the game is being prevented from ending. In most (not all) cases, it’s usually the survivors that hold the game hostage. Survivors can die, or exit the game through gates or hatch. Killers cannot do anything to end a game if survivors hide all match and are borderline impossible to find.

  • There area few examples here 1 trapping the last surivor in the corner and never hitting them just never doing the gens in a group

    basically if there is no timer to your death or escape