My unorthodox way to play oni.

I play oni differently than other people, I use his power to chase survivors around loops. I loop normally until I get close for the insta-down or quickly destroying a pallet. I think that’s more of a scary oni to go against IMO. This could be a decent strat for oni. What do you guys think??

Comments

  • @meowzilla69 said:

    I play oni differently than other people, I use his power to chase survivors around loops. I loop normally until I get close for the insta-down or quickly destroying a pallet. I think that’s more of a scary oni to go against IMO. This could be a decent strat for oni. What do you guys think??

    Like are you not using his dash? If so you're kinda handicapping yourself , on very Short loops you don't have to use his dash but you want to down people as fast as you can with oni cause you have a limited time in your power and dashing in loops is what makes his power so strong

  • @lolitsme said:

    For me i cant hit with oni power so the only thing i use is the blood orb as a tracking tool and i never use is power. When i play like that i wish the dev could create a tracking killer it could be so fun

    Doctor and legion can work. Also clown with his cigar box addon

  • Not taking advantage of his Demon Dash by catching others out-positioned is most definitely handicapping yourself as that is one of Oni's best tactics.

    If you're just activating his power at loops, against good players, you are setting yourself up to waste the entirety of it. It's very easy to dodge a charged Demon Strike, especially at a loop.

  • I am guilty of not using his demon dash around a small loop because the control can get wonky when using his power (feels like that to me)

  • @lolitsme said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2012440#Comment_2012440

    They dont track like oni blood orb for doctor its more like every minute if someone is in my terror radius i will get a notification legion you need to hit someone for that and if they are too far its useless to go there and not a lot but many killer can have a addon that help them tracking like the plague addon

    Clown can also use his normal bottles to find immersed survivors. Throwing it up high and have the gas make them scream

  • That is just you handicapping yourself. At that point you may as well just play Myers.

    Oni's power is his dash, as well as demon strike. That's what makes him such a dangerous and scary killer. Not using it is exactly what every survivor wants form an Oni player

  • @Phasmamain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2012432#Comment_2012432

    Doctor and legion can work. Also clown with his cigar box addon

    They could also just equip Blood Hound on any killer and track pretty much the exact same way.

  • @TheClownIsKing said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2012440#Comment_2012440

    They could also just equip Blood Hound on any killer and track pretty much the exact same way.

    True but can’t grass obscured the blood? Probably not on the new maps

  • In my first 4 games as him on console, I couldn't land a hit, so just used dash to patrol and m1 to hit, got beat a lot. Played again the other night after a 6 month gap and landed all bar 1 of my demon strikes. Was on Haddonfield too lol. Just a slow start game that enables survivors to get a head start on the match.

  • @Phasmamain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2012676#Comment_2012676

    True but can’t grass obscured the blood? Probably not on the new maps

    No, it’s incredibly bright. I can find well hidden slugs in dense grass because of blood hound.